Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just had my new ported and polished heads installed and have been riding it a lot since, but I keep smelling engine oil, not burning oil, but fresh oil. At first i thought it just needed to get burnt off some. I have looked the motor over a number of times and find no evidence of a leak, not spots on the garage floor. Pushrod tubes are clean, as well as the valve covers This has me stumped. Now when I get off the bike, I smell like I have been swimming in oil. My shirt smells like oil. Has anyone seen or heard of this before? i would think if it is coming out the pipes it would smell like burned oil, not fresh oil. Plus if it IS coming out of the pipe, That's a big deal. Checked the oil, and it is down just a bit, where it has never used oil before at all.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Pull your air cleaner and see if thats where its coming from. Were new breathers installed when the heads were installed? My 15 was getting the fresh oil smell on decel after the dealer put in new lifters under warranty. I found that it was slightly overfilled with oil and I was getting the smell coming out of the ac.
Lil Chief

1 - 3 of 3 Posts