Road Glide banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped out to a local event at Gatto HD today, and parked next to another road glide that was actually brighter than mine. Thought it was pretty cool and wanted to share.

Was a little disappointed that I did not get to talk to the owner. I wanted to ask him how he tinted his head lights.

Any ideas? I think darker lights on mine would tie in nicely.

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
Buddy that owns a body shop just adds a tinge of black to clear coat for the tint when he does headlights and tail lights. Add by coats until desired darkness.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you need headlights at nite?
Yeah, I thought the same thing, not sure how much it would affect lighting. Back in the 80's when the dark plastic headlight covers were popular on cars, they didn't reall seem to hurt lighting much. I had a set on my mustang back then.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Was a little disappointed that I did not get to talk to the owner. I wanted to ask him how he tinted his head lights.

Use VHT nightshade or niteshade, something like that.
step 1: sand with 800 then to 1000 grit the stock light.
step 2: clean with some kind of solvent safe for plastic. I've used rubbing alcohol. let dry
step 3: spray Niteshade to desired darkness. for headlights probably only like two coats.
step 4: spray clear coat (allow niteshade to flash over). allow to dry/cure for 12-24 hrs depending on climate.
step 5: sand clearcoat with 800-1000 until you remove orange peel.
step 6: cut with polishing compound & buff with buffing wheel
step 7: Use some mequiars PlastX plastic cleaner & polish.

Your done.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
12,819 Posts
Stopped out to a local event at Gatto HD today, and parked next to another road glide that was actually brighter than mine. Thought it was pretty cool and wanted to share.

Wow, anyone know what makes that orange so damned bright looking? Does it have a lot of pearl in it? If it looks that bright on here, it must be retina-searing in person. I likee.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.