Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a 2010 FLTRX. I have my homeowners, both vehicles, and life insurance through State Farm, always have.

I have a loan on the bike and can only have a 500 deductible.

I have a crystal clean driving record. Never made any claim. Although the bike insurance does not bundle with any of the others.

Agent says its because of my age. I am 23. Although I've always gotten great rates on all my vehicles and I've had up to 5 at a time before, including high end sports cars.

I am married and such, that made a difference on my auto insurance...

Anyone else my age in this boat? 107 a month is just ridiculous...

·
Registered
692 Posts
That's pretty crazy. Check with Dairyland insurance. Or if you or one of your parents were in the military look into USAA.
Good luck!

And welcome to the Forum from Arlington, TX

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Well that sucks, my State Farm policy for a year is only 2 months of yours:(

Of course I'm a bit over twice your age.

What state are you in?? Clean record??

Credit rating can make a big difference in your insurance rates also.

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
Definately shop around. I use Foremost for my bike with a couple tickets and im only paying about $600 and change with full coverage. There are alot of factors that come into play but shop around

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
ouch. I'm twice your age and only paying $28 a month for full coverage (not basic minimums either) on my CVO. State Farm here also. Has to be your age and location. Credit scores also have a lot to do with it nowadays. Not saying you have bad credit, just another thing to consider.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
I switched my motorcycle insurance on both bikes to Riders Insurance $44.00 a month full coverage on both the Road Glide, and the Bigdog Ridgeback.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I have Farmers on my CVO however they no longer take new policies so that wont help ya:( I do have Foremost on my other bike and only pay around $200 every six months. I am over 10 years older than you now, but even when I was your age I only paid $2XX a year with Farmers. I switched from state farm in 2002 when I bought my Heritage because state farm wanted that much ($100 a year) back then. Farmers beat state farm on all my policies and in my experiance are way easier to deal with when you have a claim

Call a Farmers agent they can give you a quote with Formost.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I switched my motorcycle insurance on both bikes to Riders Insurance $44.00 a month full coverage on both the Road Glide, and the Bigdog Ridgeback.
I agree with above. Rider Ins. is good coverage for reasonable cost but they only write in certain states. Check their web site for more info.

·
Super Moderator
12,353 Posts
I'm a former State Farm customer for a similar reason. I'm over twice you're age and had State Farm until 4 years ago. I was paying over $700 a year and thought nothing of it until my wife bought a bike, made a few calls and All State charged me less than half for both bikes, now I use them instead and I had been with the Farm since I was 18.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Shark of the Month December 2013
679 Posts
Dang i pay 128 a month for mine also from Progressive. Im 32 with a clean record and married with a mid 600 credit score. I do have 16000 of additional coverage though but also get multiple vehicle discount since i have two bikes. Maybe i need to shop around.

·
679 Posts
Just got a quote from Dairyland and it was 146 a month so im not doing too bad. lol Im pretty sure its cause of the additional coverage i ask for.

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
Glad I'm not young anymore. I'm double your age and pay $375 a year with State Farm. I also have all my insurance with them, life, home, auto's and have since I was 16. I've looked into other insurance before and never was able to beat what I have.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Just got a quote from Dairyland and it was 146 a month so im not doing too bad. lol Im pretty sure its cause of the additional coverage i ask for.
That's still way too much:eek:, look around more! Formost or riders sound like the place to check.

·
679 Posts
Riders isnt available in Arkansas.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have a perfect driving record. No infractions or accidents. I also have pretty good credit, my score is about 707 with an excellent debt to income ratio.

Im in Pennsylvania.

·
Registered
29 Posts
bike insurance

Give Markel insurance a try. I've had a Motorcycle accident and a ticket at the same time. My Geico went from $28.00 per month to over $92.00. Checked with Markel and their rate was less than half. $46.00 full coverage with bike replacement, Roadside assistance and a $500.00 Deductible. They only insure recreational vehicle no Cars or Trucks.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts