Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have converted several 100 songs off my CD's to mp3 in itunes. My question is why do the songs I have actually purchased off itunes that I have included on some CD's I have burned not play on my Harmon Kardon unit, but will play in my regular vehicle.The Harmon Kardon skips right over the songs

·
Registered
32 Posts
Before burning you have to convert them to MP3. Apple sales you an AIFF file.
I have had the same issue.
Also Toast burning software has worked better for me the iTunes for MP3 CD's

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I have converted several 100 songs off my CD's to mp3 in itunes. My question is why do the songs I have actually purchased off itunes that I have included on some CD's I have burned not play on my Harmon Kardon unit, but will play in my regular vehicle.The Harmon Kardon skips right over the songs
If specific songs only are always skipped over, then it's probably the MP3 Tag (version number). Our HK head units cannot play anything above version 1 and newer MP3 versions include fluff (stuff like pics and lyrics) within the track data. That fluff makes our head-unit skip right past those songs - can't read those tracks.

I happen to use the PC version of I-Tunes software and it can convert all MP3s in a play-list to version 1. That strips all the fluff out (makes the files smaller) and the HK head-unit can now read the tracks too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts