Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 RG with original OEM stereo unit

Need to upgrade my audio experience. Need recommendations on a great rig (head unit, amp and two fairing speakers) without breaking the bank.

Is Jensen any good? The company's headquarters are here in Elkhart, iN and I could possibly get a good deal.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Reach out to SloRide, Karl on here. Owner of No Cage Audio. Although he doesn't ship anymore, he will help you figure out what will work best for your wants.

·
Registered
885 Posts
I have an 04, I have the hawg wired plugin play amp with two speakers. Works very well. Under 500 bones. Next up for me is an aquatics hu. I'll keep the amp and speakers as it will still be plug n play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
177 Posts

Need to upgrade my audio experience. Need recommendations on a great rig (head unit, amp and two fairing speakers) without breaking the bank.

Is Jensen any good? The company's headquarters are here in Elkhart, iN and I could possibly get a good deal.
I have an '09 with a Sony DSX-M60 (I think) digital media player. Works great with my iPod! Anyway, I also have a Rockford Fosgate amp in the fairing and a set of 5x7 Hog tunes. I can hear that clear fully blasting and at 85mph.. (don't ask how I know!)

-G

·
Registered
1,480 Posts

Whats your budget? A few guys on the other forum up your way with some hot set ups. Plug and play set ups only go so far. If you want more Lots of clean power and PA speakers is the way to go. Saving my pennies now for a redo this winter. My set up is nice but I want more and PA speakers is what bike audio is moving to

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just installed an Aquatic 5bt color display and like it. Polk audio DB525 5 1/4 speakers are undersized yet able to clearly hear the tunes at highway speeds. Easy straight forward install.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a kenwood marine head unit. I also hand an arc audio mini 4 channel 500rms amp. Front 2 channels powering 2-6.5" hertz hcx 165 speakers. Waiting for speaker lids to get painted then putting 2-6x9 hertz hcx 690 speakers to power the other 2 channels. Just the front fairing speaker sound like I have the tour pack on with all stock speakers blaring. My wife and I can hear the two speakers at 90+ mph. The 6x9 are gonna be used for a bit more highs but mainly for some bass to go with the treble. You get what you pay for. So the sky is the limit on aftermarket stereos. Good luck on your decision you make. Just do your own research on what you are looking for. And if possible, try to listen to other brothers bikes. Best of luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not to sure what your budget is but, J&M Rokker makes a great set up for fairing speakers.
(J&M ROKKER® XXR 7.25” Fairing Speaker Kit w/Grill Mounted Midrange/Tweeter for 1998-2013 Harley® RoadGlide) As you can see its a upgraded 7.25" speaker upgrade from your small factory. I just did this is my 13 with the factory radio and they made a huge difference. As far as a headunit I would go with the aquatics radio. Its a direct plug and play with the Harley factory radio. I currently don't have an amp on my speakers, but I know if you want to rock your gonna want to put one in.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
$1550 for 2 speakers and an amp?
You get what you pay for... Focals are like $899/pr...

I had 4 of them, 2 HAT'S in the lids and XDI 600.4 for my last system...

Now I'm even louder and clearer with 4 Carbon65's and 2 Iron 57's in the lids powered by SC4.100...

call Peter Jensen at Soundz Customz... do it once and be done... trust me... spend the coin right

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts