Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody help me out with some advise as to what you've done or what would be the best? Thanks

·
Registered
370 Posts
after some research I installed the J&M 7.25 speakers... I'm happy with the improvement over the stock speakers.
my winter project is putting 6.5" speakers into my lower fairings using 2011 CVO Street Glide lower fairing speaker pods....:cool:

I have the speaker pods and I'm getting them painted to match the bike, I still need to buy an amp for the lower speakers...;)

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
I installed the J&M 7.25's on mine, and I am very happy with them. I have some HD BoomAudio (I think) 5.25's to install in the tour pak, but haven't gotten them in yet. I have an amp on the bench as well, but I am not sure I gonna go with the one I have yet. So--long story short, the J&M's are a nice upgrade for your tunes, and you can get a great price on them at Dr. Vtwin. They have a thread on here you can use. There is also a lot of info on here regarding sound system upgrades, it's worth checking them out.

Rowdy

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
J&M 7.25's here as well as their 250w amp. I love it, can hear the music even as fast as 100 mph.

·
Registered
324 Posts
If your going to change the speakers upgrade to, some marine speakers and install at least a 6.5 inch much better bass,look for a titanium tweeter also it helps with it playng louder

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, are the J&M 7.25 speakers a bolt in replacement for the stock speakers? No mods to the fairing I'm assuming. How much clearance is the between the speaker & the outer fairing?

·
Registered
953 Posts
I did the boom audio speakers in the front and I'm very please. For $149 I'm impressed. no amp yet but I want to add lower faring speakers with an amp to complete it. I'm sure I could spend more but I can hear the fronts on the why just fine.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Thanks guys, are the J&M 7.25 speakers a bolt in replacement for the stock speakers? No mods to the fairing I'm assuming. How much clearance is the between the speaker & the outer fairing?
they are plug and play... no mods to anything.
just take off the outer fairing, unbolt the stock speakers and bolt in the 7.25's..... done!
they are a little deeper than the stock speakers, there is MORE than enough room between the 7.25's and the outer fairing.. it's a non issue.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Dont know if this helps you but i am using a Wetsounds amp with 250 watts of power and it works really really well. It is a marine grade amp a little spendy but the base price of my bike was 19400 so what the hell.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts