Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the wife said she wanted to get some ice cream and see some water ,,,, Nothing i could do but fulfill the request , Went 488 miles round trip for ice cream , and to see lake lure NC , Left at 8 am got home at 6:30 pm , It was a lot of fun , got out of the low country of SC and went to the mountains , I pushed the old girl ( the bike ) a little ( 80/85 the way up ) Got about 43 miles to the gal. only one little snafu , Wife started to notice a little oil on her right leg , I heard some rattling noise from the air cleaner area , Pulled over to check it out and found one of the 3 screws that hold the Fuel moto air cleaner had fell out and as rattling around inside the Ham can AC cover and one of the others had came loose , guess that is why the oil was coming out of the air cleaner ( I hope ) I messed up and forgot to locktite the screws :eek:
But all in all it was fun , made it home safe , just a little oily :rolleyes:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Ya always ride in shorts? Sorry its a pet peeve of mine. My girl burt the hell outta her leg, she knew better then to sit on the bike with shorts on. Its been about a 10 months. Its slowly getting better.

Anyways I wish we had some mountains a little closer!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Mountains are great for riding. Love to head down to South MO and Northern AR.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Looks like a great time! The oil blow-by is normal but still doesn't hurt to check over everything to make sure that's all it is. I had it a lot on my '02 RK when I would ride harder. I get it some on my 2010 RG but it stays in the air filter and is not as much.

That madstad looks great!

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
They sure spread-out the ice cream joints down there, good thinking- don't let know people used to make it home made, ride-on :rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts