Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I work on a Navy base and have to have my id card out every time I pull onto the base. Right now I just keep it in my jacket pocket but know eventually that digging around in there with gloves on I am going to drop it or lose it. So my question is, where are you all that have to show an id card regularly placing it so it is easily accessible for you when you get to the gate? I want something so that I don't have to shift to neutral and use my left hand. Just nice and convenient with my right hand. I am on a 15 RGS and have tried the glove box and that is just a real pain. Thanks for your insight.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Can't speak for the Navy, but differing Army posts require the wear of a reflective vest. The past two that I've owned have a clear ID Card holder on the chest. Gate guards will sometimes just look and wave me on, other times I have to simply pull it out and put it back.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
I use the pocket on my reflective vest but when I don't wear the vest I have a an ID card holder I bought at the Exchange that has an elastic velcro strap and I put it on my left arm. Most of the time the gate guards just look at it through the clear plastic but once in a while one of them will ask me to remove it so they can scan it. If you can't find one at the exchange on base just let me know, I have an extra one that I will send to you.

K-

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Can't speak for the Navy, but differing Army posts require the wear of a reflective vest. The past two that I've owned have a clear ID Card holder on the chest. Gate guards will sometimes just look and wave me on, other times I have to simply pull it out and put it back.
i know 2 people who have lost their id cards because that velcro pocket came off on the road......

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
I've been using one for 3 years and never had an issue.

In fact, mine is an ICON brand and the Velcro is so strong you will almost tear the pocket apart trying to get it off.

·
Registered
336 Posts

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Ok so I work on a Navy base and have to have my id card out every time I pull onto the base. Right now I just keep it in my jacket pocket but know eventually that digging around in there with gloves on I am going to drop it or lose it. So my question is, where are you all that have to show an id card regularly placing it so it is easily accessible for you when you get to the gate? I want something so that I don't have to shift to neutral and use my left hand. Just nice and convenient with my right hand. I am on a 15 RGS and have tried the glove box and that is just a real pain. Thanks for your insight.

The PX should have some arm bands. All of the flight line folks would need them. They are like 5 bucks. That's what I wear

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah may look into the arm band. Vest isn't required but they do a 100% id check so the id has to come out every time.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Bringing back memories..the days of 100% ID check, but none of the safety equip, course certs, etc.. Had a Yamaha 850 that would not idle, got pretty good at finding neutral as I rolled up on guard, frees up left hand to grab ID from top pocket of BDUs, leaves right hand on throttle to stave off a stall. I miss that bike (NOT).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts