Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So for the last year, I’ve been trying to put the finishing touch on my Special....but can’t make a final decision...perhaps u guys have some ideas or point me in the right direction.

I want to add some pin-striping to my Shark, but also want a nice logo painted on the tank to finish it off. Not looking for something elaborate...looking for it to be classy.

Since I have a red bike, was thinking of either gold pinstriping or black/dark maroon, I keep going back and forth every day.

As for the tank, I’ve been looking at some of the tanks the HD museum has displayed and have narrowed it down to these.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/motorcycles/here-is-nearly-every-harley-davidson-gas-tank-logo/ar-BBMB9zu#image=BBMB9zu_1|46

Feel free to comment.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Now you need to find someone with photoshop skills who can move those logos to your tank on your bike so you can see what the finished product would look like.

I don't have an opinion for you but I feel your anguish. Imagine finding out that a pin striper is available for the next two days at your local dealership and you know you want to do something but don't have a clue what.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
That bottom tank looks killer, especially if it is airbrushed!

·
Banned
72 Posts
Pushed send 2 fast i still like #3 but with harley davidson painted on like eaither #1 or #2 w/block type lettering.Whatever you chose i hope it turns out good for ya 👊

·
Shark of the Month October 13
6,809 Posts
#3 That's 7-1 #3 Winner, winner chicken dinner!

What else you got? We're good at helping pick mods, but we're even better at helping you spend your money on more of them.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I’m going off the reservation. I thought HD knocked it out of the park with their 115 Anniversary badging. I’d do something creative in your colors (and maybe year) with that badge. If I stayed on the reservation I’d go #3.

Attachments

·
Registered
684 Posts
I gotta go with SE on the #1 vote. I also like the classic retro lines, as the wing thing - to me - has been overdone to death. It's about as unique as a black Street Glide.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I really like #1 on a heritage or some type of classic fancy softail. I think #3 is best for a Road Glide.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
I dig the Vintage Look of the 1st one for sure
and change up the wording to match the model and year of the bike and it will be creating your own anniversary bike. Seeing that his bike is red and he already wants gold pinstriping this is the obvious choice. :grin:

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Agree. (without the ElectraGlide part)
and change up the wording to match the model and year of the bike and it will be creating your own anniversary bike. Seeing that his bike is red and he already wants gold pinstriping this is the obvious choice. :grin:
HEAR, HEAR!!! #1 for sure without ElectraGlide part! Looking forward to pics whatever decision you make! :smile:

·
Registered
10 Posts
3 gets my vote I would also suggest you look at vinyl can get the same effects for a lot less money and if you really like it you can get it hand striped later

1 - 20 of 27 Posts