Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, I put a new set of bars on a 15 RGS and at first everything was good and the other day I started it up and the idle was high and it wouldn`t go down so I shut the bike off and looked at the codes and one popped up on the speedo it read -- U0184 -- lost commu W/ Speedo,, Cam Bus... I let it sit over night and started it the next day and it was fine till I took it out for a ride and again the idle while riding was going up and down I have no clue what the problem is anybody out there have any idea before I take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Hey everybody, I put a new set of bars on a 15 RGS and at first everything was good and the other day I started it up and the idle was high and it wouldn`t go down so I shut the bike off and looked at the codes and one popped up on the speedo it read -- U0184 -- lost commu W/ Speedo,, Cam Bus... I let it sit over night and started it the next day and it was fine till I took it out for a ride and again the idle while riding was going up and down I have no clue what the problem is anybody out there have any idea before I take it to the dealer.
You may have the throttle side control and grip pushed on the the bars to tight. Loosen the screws and back off the bar some to give it a little more play.

Reactions: Gauncho

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dragon I`ll do this as soon as I get out there today, hope your right cause with the holiday and all I have nothing to give to the HD dealer. Thanks again.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I dont know what bike you have, but that happened to me once this past summer. I had activated the system to reduce the engine to just one cylinder and only did it when it was very hot. I desactivated it and everything was fine. Activation is easily made by mistake by rolling down the throtle during 3 seconds. For desactivating it is the same way. You can see the status in the info screen.

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
If you shut the bike off when the idle is high the ECM will remember the idle speed and the idle speed will be high from then on. To reset the idle speed to normal you need to cycle the ignition on/off 5 or 6 times. If the idle speed fluctuates when the engine is running you may have a vacuum leak and the most common place for a vacuum leak is the vacuum stem on top of the throttle body, there is a rubber cap over that stem and that cap could be missing or cracked which will cause the vacuum leak.

Reactions: Rubimad

·
Registered
721 Posts
If you shut the bike off when the idle is high the ECM will remember the idle speed and the idle speed will be high from then on. To reset the idle speed to normal you need to cycle the ignition on/off 5 or 6 times. If the idle speed fluctuates when the engine is running you may have a vacuum leak and the most common place for a vacuum leak is the vacuum stem on top of the throttle body, there is a rubber cap over that stem and that cap could be missing or cracked which will cause the vacuum leak.
Really good explanation. I will remember it just in case.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts