Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is how I would like to do it. Got home this afternoon and this rig was parked on my street. Nice, especially with a heat index of 107 degrees.

Attachments

·
Shark of the Month October 13
7,045 Posts
I have to say, these things don't look very good from that down and under angle! Personally, I'd prefer "she" drive the motor home following me on the RG .... if I had a motor home .... or a "she"!

·
Registered
983 Posts
Not sure why the plastic is over the mirrors, but it'll beat the hell outta the paint.
I will say that's a nice way to travel though!
Lil Chief

·
Registered
8,297 Posts

·
Shark of the Month October 13
7,045 Posts
No clue what a lift like that costs but I'm guessing it's pretty pricey. Sure would be fun to borrow that whole rig for about a year. I had some thoughts about doing something like that, on a smaller scale, but then the reality of what giving away half of everything I owned, including all retirement funds, hit home and I realized I was on a "6 year old Chrysler minivan and a Vespa" budget!

·
Super Moderator
9,760 Posts
We had a 1998 33' Class A Itasca Suncruiser with 454 , bought used in '09 , with only 27000 miles on it , cost less than my RG did .. Sold about two years later , used twice , cost over $1500 a year to keep plates and insurance on it . Would love another one , they are extremely nice and even more expensive to keep up if you work for a living .. Someone in N Georgia paid $77000 for it new , same one new now is close to $150,000 .. That's a diesel pusher with the RG , looks kinda like the Winnebago or Itasca , they are close to $350,000 new ..

Those bike lifts are pretty spendy ..

I'd ride too ..

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
A friend of mine had a similar rig with a big trailer. He offered me space for the MA-Sturgis run. I told him that I was riding. He thought that I was nuts, and I felt the same about him. To each his own.

·
Registered
501 Posts
It all depends where you are in life, sometimes the body gets to the point that it can't handle long rides, so towing or hauling become a reality.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Best way to go, Ride sure, but hell plenty of riding once there and well hell, I'm more focused on partying but, to have a place to stay that nice in Sturgis that don't cost a fortune "priceless".

Also, over 1300 miles from my house. 19 hour ride. this is one way.

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
Not sure why the plastic is over the mirrors, but it'll beat the hell outta the paint.
I will say that's a nice way to travel though!
Lil Chief
Probably covering the controls like they recommend when washing.

I am hauling a couple sport bikes out to the PNW because of limited vacation time, and my riding bud can't handle that long of a ride. With both of us sharing the driving, we can get there in half the time and not need an oil change and new tires when we get there.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts