Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
6,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you could pull out all the stops for the best'est and most bad ass'est Amp and Faring Speakers for a Rushmore RG....what would you buy and why? - Just (1) Amp and (2) Speakers........what Brand and Model #s?

Poppa wants some new tunes for the winter project :wink:

·
Registered
684 Posts
I'm just gonna sit back with a cocktail and wait for Spazz to swoop into the thread. He and sloride are probably the 2 most knowledgeable people as far as bleeding edge, super high end audio goes.

If they say something and money is no object, I would just go with their suggestion and be done with the audio part of your scoot, Eddie.

Meanwhile, I will dream about money being no object. LOL. (I knew I should have stayed in school instead of riding all of those damn Davidsons, all my adult life.... Just one more poor life decision on my part. LMAO).

Mike

·
Registered
6,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If they say something and money is no object, I would just go with their suggestion and be done with the audio part of your scoot, Eddie.

Meanwhile, I will dream about money being no object.
What I typically do is find the best of the best.......and go a few model #s below - I don't have a set budget but am not going to dump $5K into tunes either - I still just want a kick fucking ass Amp and 2 Speakers as I am solo on the Bagger 99% of the time, have the low profile engine guard so no lowers.......and never understood Bag Lids for the rider

·
Registered
470 Posts
My set up-
AMP- Arc Moto 600.4 Amp with Arc PSM digital Processor.
Speakers- Focal ps165fx, I have uppers and lowers.
There are better set up but, you will hit that 5K budget. I was looking at speakers that were 5K WOW! I said no thank you. My system is pretty bumpin,

Oh- about $2600 into my system but again I have uppers and lowers.

·
Registered
6,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Carbon fiber- WHAT!!! That's what I said.
I want good tunes but for $5K, I"ll just here Steven Tyler to ride bitch and scream Lyrics in my ear.

I have been reading so many articles on Amps and Speaker and 2 channel and 4 channel and Stabilizers and tuners and AHHHHHHHH - I just want a bad ass loud as fuck 2 speaker system......if such a thing can be had - I don't want lowers or bag lids and I think that is where I get corn holed as all the "systems" seem to be geared toward multiple speaker - I did see a Rockford Fosgate System for $1k but I have no idea if it is any good or just more crap like I already sunk $1200 into

·
Registered
960 Posts
What year bike?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
Your never gonna get the sound that'll blow you away with a 2 speaker system on a moving motorcycle but you'll get pretty good sound without spending a fortune this way you'll have a few bucks left for extended bags etc. :) I've had a couple different setups in my pre Rushmore but now have Biketronics & Im happy with the sound & great customer service. Oh and don't talk to Spazz, his system is ridiculous & he hates his neighbors, your neighbor John is a cool cat

Check out Biketronics Inc

·
Registered
761 Posts
Pro audio like mmats or prv will get you loud as all get out but lacks the warmth a lot of guys like. You typically need something else for fill with those speakers.

I run hertz ml1650.3 with mp28 tweeters with about 200W going to them. No lowers lids or anything else. They get plenty loud but still have great clarity and sound quality (at least imo, some guys don't care for the hertz sound).

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Eddie, give Karl (sloride) a call. He'll definitley point you in the right direction.
If you need his number or email PM me and I'll send it to you.
Mike U.

·
Registered
6,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Eddie, give Karl (sloride) a call. He'll definitley point you in the right direction.
If you need his number or email PM me and I'll send it to you.
Mike U.
Mike, if you can PM that info to me, that would be great - My winter project budget is stretched bags and tunes and I am 50/50 if I want to of bag lids - I had them on my Beast and could never hear them.......but that bike was as loud a a Big Block running open Headers so maybe not the best comparison - I know I said in this thread that I don't get Bag lids for the rider but if someone has a cure and a set up to make it "gettable" then like Dr Frazier Crane..............I'm Listening

·
Registered
960 Posts
Jl Fix86
DD Audio AW6.5 Speakers
Beyma SQL60 Tweeters
Soundigital 800.4 amp

You will be more than plenty loud and still have excellent overall sound.

·
Registered
761 Posts
The arc PSM is the shizzle but you're right - only if it's in the right hands. Start tweaking that sucker and it can go south real quick. Bagger Audio Lab on the other forum is the guru, but I don't think he does mail ins or baseline setups because he wants everything dead nuts perfect when he's done.

·
Registered
470 Posts
If I can keep my ARC PSM and just add to it, that would be great but from what I have heard, finding someone to tune the PSM is the real work of Art.
Do not know about yours but, My PSM was installed with a USB into my right glove box and my local shop just plugs in a lap top and tunes it to my ear. Pretty cool.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Don't want to highjack the posting but if anyone can add what/where to get his same request done on a 17 RGU in Idaho, Wyoming, Utah, Nevada, or Northern CA please let me know. I am riding through these areas and can make a day stop to get a system installed......have to be able to hear it with a helmet...can't be muffled like the crap that is on the bike now. My ears hurt from ear buds!!!!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts