Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Of course when I installed my Biketronics amp in my 2013 Ultra it knocked out my Kuryakyn Tune Trapper hidden antenna completely. I'm not going to run the stock antenna on my tour pack. Matter of fact, I just had my painter fill the holes on the tour pack. So, my idea was to try to find an adapter to be able to hook up my tune trapper to the stock antenna cable in the tour pack. Has anyone ran into this? Know any solutions to that?

I have a stubby antenna that I could mount beside my fender, but that's my last option.

What is everyone else with Class D amps doing for FM? Yeah yeah I know there's other ways to listen to music and stuff, but sometimes I just want the radio, and I think it's a good option. Thanks for any replies.

·
Registered
8,297 Posts
Subscribing....

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Subscribing....
Hell at this rate I hope I get an answer. I can't imagine I'm the only one that is running an amp that got rid of the stock antenna.

·
Registered
8,297 Posts
Hell at this rate I hope I get an answer. I can't imagine I'm the only one that is running an amp that got rid of the stock antenna.
I'm running the stock antenna and still have a weak radio reception.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dang I expected more people to chime in on this. I'd like decent enough reception to pull in local stations for quick trips and when I'm tired of my own music. Any ideas help.

What I'm thinking about trying is hooking up my stock antenna inside my tour pak under the carpet insert. If I can find that antenna...

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have the BT2180.14 amp and use the stock antenna stuffed along the rear fender rail. You can just see about an inch of it sticking out from under the seat / left side cover. Reception was affected just slightly but don't notice it much. I bought the HD plug cap for the antenna hole on the back fender. Much cleaner look and function for a $6 mod.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I was running two D class amps with the Harley hidden ant. and never had an issue with reception. That being said, I only used FM to make sure I had sound coming from the speakers. I use my phone to play all my music. Seeing how much I spent for audio, I only want the highest quality output lol

·
Registered
109 Posts
I cut the antennas and use Sirius satellite for radio. Better reception and no signal fade or radio station change across the US.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for speaking up guys. I'll keep that in mind as I venture that way. I just like to have the option for local radio. I like a local morning show, and sometimes on quick rides to town or something I don't want to piss with setting the phone up. Anyways, thanks.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I took my Kuryakyn hidden antenna and tried hooking it up to the stock plug at the rear of the bike and I stuffed the mess into the left saddlebag. I can't hardly get any reception, at all. So maybe I'll try mounting my stock antenna under the fender and such like everyone mentions. It really sucks when I can't even pull in the local FM that comes in on anything.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I have a HT amp and my FM is worthless unless I am in the city where the radio stations are. Tried the under seat, stock location and still no good. Was going to try the Harley faring one but it's not refundable once installed. I like you want my local FM from time to time. Still at a loss with this myself.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Same as several have done. Hid my stock antenna under the seat. It is now "gone" from sight and works just as well as it did mounted in the rear. Now I can put on my tour pack with zero hassle and it looks great.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have a HT amp and my FM is worthless unless I am in the city where the radio stations are. Tried the under seat, stock location and still no good. Was going to try the Harley faring one but it's not refundable once installed. I like you want my local FM from time to time. Still at a loss with this myself.
If you didn't have a '16 I'd send you the HD hidden antenna I have for you to try. But I doubt it would work with your HT amp anyways. I need to hook up my stock antenna and see if it's even going to pull any reception at all before I try to hide it. As it stands now I still get no reception with a hidden antenna mounted at the rear of the bike. I don't know if my BT amp is killing that much reception or if it's how I had to rig it to get it plugged in.

I need to work on it today to install my Tri-bar light, finally, and install my amp mount and some other stuff. I guess today would be a great day to mess with the antenna again.

·
Registered
571 Posts
If you didn't have a '16 I'd send you the HD hidden antenna I have for you to try. But I doubt it would work with your HT amp anyways. I need to hook up my stock antenna and see if it's even going to pull any reception at all before I try to hide it. As it stands now I still get no reception with a hidden antenna mounted at the rear of the bike. I don't know if my BT amp is killing that much reception or if it's how I had to rig it to get it plugged in.

I need to work on it today to install my Tri-bar light, finally, and install my amp mount and some other stuff. I guess today would be a great day to mess with the antenna again.
Hiding under the seat did nothing for me. I only live 20 minutes from the towers and don't get much but scratchy noise. The Harley shop thinks my antenna wire might be pinched or broken somewhere. Course with the new Boom radio antenna hook up its not as easy to rule out as it use to be due to the connector.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts