Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at replacing the ignition coil this winter. Can anyone recommend a better performing one than the stock coil?

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Can't say they are better and i'm sure the stock ones are more than good enuff for any build, but check out Accel. I believe they offer a coil on plug version for Harleys.

·
Registered
6,799 Posts
Can't say they are better and i'm sure the stock ones are more than good enuff for any build, but check out Accel. I believe they offer a coil on plug version for Harleys.

BH I was going to replace the stock coil on My ‘12 Custom with an Accel but read a lot of bad reviews on them so I didn’t bother.
Mike U.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
BH I was going to replace the stock coil on My ‘12 Custom with an Accel but read a lot of bad reviews on them so I didn’t bother.
Mike U.

Accel use to be good back in the day. I think in the mid 90 's they started going down hill. I'd stick to HD for that part.

·
Registered
6,799 Posts
Accel use to be good back in the day. I think in the mid 90 's they started going down hill. I'd stick to HD for that part.

You got that right Brother!
Back in the 70’s when I was hot rodding cars Accel and Mallory were The Rave.
Nowadays Accel isn’t doing so well.
Not sure what happened to them as they used to be very efficient.
Mike U.

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I too have read that the Accel coils aren't that good anymore. I dont really have a problem with my original stock coil. I was just thinking because of the 124" motor, larger throttle body and larger injectors that maybe it would be a good idea that I upgraded the ignition too. If it was possible. I know MSD is or was good when I was hot rodding back in the day too but i dont think they make anything for HD's. I'm gonna have to look into it though

1 - 6 of 6 Posts