Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My ignition switch popped out and I cannot get it back in. Does anyone in the St. Louis area have the ignition tool for lining up the slots?

·
Registered
73 Posts
You can use a medium screw driver. Also if they get out of alignment real bad, you can take the switch apart and align them. I did the same thing and had them twisted up real bad, Hope it helps,,

·
Registered
215 Posts
Popped mine out, turned the bars and got it out of sync. Thought I'd have to buy the alignment tool but I kept messing with it and finally got it back in there. May have to turn the bars just right? Good luck.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Don't worry about purchasing the tool. I messed mine up and thought about buying the alignment tool, but after having a stare down with the.switch I just disassembled it and realigned it. So much easier than you may think. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
I have the tool, but I think the screwdriver works better. The tool is mostly good for working the switch with the stem out.

With that said, that stem is a real piece of work, the MoCo should have redone that thing when they went to canbus.

·
Registered
225 Posts
With that said, that stem is a real piece of work, the MoCo should have redone that thing when they went to canbus.
Agreed!

Had Mine all twisted up! and so Frustrating:mad:!
Sleep on it, then strap on your LED head mounted light and grab a Med Screwdriver. Look down the hole and start twisting each layer till the slots all line up. Then insert the switch stem making sure the detente is retracted.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Look down the hole and start twisting each layer till the slots all line up. Then insert the switch stem making sure the detente is retracted.
That's what I did.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the input. What I finally did was insert a flat tip screwdriver all the way down and turned it all the way left. Then I slowly pulled the screwdriver up to the next layer and turned it all the way to the left. Once I completed them all the ignition slipped right in and I am good to go.

·
Registered
182 Posts
is there a retainer of some sort that holds it in? mine has popped out 3 times. usually when i'm rushed and it's a PITA to get back together in the parking lot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts