Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....ok so someone called me yesterday and said his ignition switch came up & he pressed it back down and when he turned on his bike nothing happened, so i get there and try to remove the ignition switch by depressing the tab at the bottom while turning the key counter clockwise locking the tab in place and this thing WILL NOT COME OUT FOR NOTHING, now i had this issue b4 on another bike but it came out and i was able to line up the ignition with my master key and reinsert the ignition and no problems BUT this one here as you can see , i broke it down into as many pieces as i can and still no luck, any suggestions and or help

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
well after removing all the springs and pins we finally got the ignition rod out BUT it seem when the owner shoved it back down it messed something up to the point of him having to drive to Conn. to the only Harley dealer that had what he needed & once i got the part the ignition switch went right in and locked in and started the bike right up and also locked the handle bars like it should..........Moral of the story is if you mess with your ignition switch and it some how pops out you better make sure everything is lined up before you start pounding things back in

item # 20

·
Registered
805 Posts
That dam ignition switch really sucks. I get the shakes whenever I have to take it out cause I know it ain't going back in as easy as it came out. You'd think on a 20+thousand dollar machine they'd give you a switch that's easier to work with.

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
What is this ignition switch thing you speak of? Mine only says fork lock on it. :grin:

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
That dam ignition switch really sucks. I get the shakes whenever I have to take it out cause I know it ain't going back in as easy as it came out. You'd think on a 20+thousand dollar machine they'd give you a switch that's easier to work with.
There's no longer a need to remove the ignition switch on the Rushmore RGs. Pop off the chrome horseshoe trim under the switch, and there's enough room to snake everything off with the switch intact.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts