Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled my ignition switch and gages off my 15 RGS to remove the handle bar pin. Got everything off and started putting back together but guess something got misaligned when I went to put the switch back in. Now it is stuck in and I can not get it out. All the switch does is spin. I got the key in and the detent is up so not sure what else I need to do to get it out. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. I read on another forum that they needed to pry it out, I tried but damned if I can get it out. Thanks for all of your help.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Good luck , had it happen to me when i first started tearing it down, i just keep making sure the release button was depressed and kept wiggling the key once i got it out i was forced to order the correct alignment tool cause i tear it apart alot

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks maddmoe. This thing is a real pain. I know what to do now once I get the switch back out, it is just a matter of getting the switch back out.

·
Registered
41 Posts
It does take some fiddling while pressing the release button. I ran into that couple times on my first time working on it when I was doing handle bar swap. Just because when I forgot to chuck a piece of wood block between then forks and frame, the steering would lock to the left. So I had to get key back in to unlock it.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Finally got the switch out and the tumblers lined up. Everything back together and seemingly working fine. Thanks to all for the assistance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts