Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have issues with the tumbler lock turning, mine isn’t very centered and a PITA to turn 99% of the time

·
Registered
279 Posts
Sometimes I have to wiggle the bars to get it to unlock the forks and I have to push down hard to lock it.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Locking it is usually my issue. Even holding it down with 1 hand and trying to turn its still tight.

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
Locking it is usually my issue. Even holding it down with 1 hand and trying to turn its still tight.
Had that issue with a used bike I just bought. A drop of lightweight oil fixed that. I see your bike is not very old though. Can't hurt to try it.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tried WD-40 on the key. Can’t hurt to try something thicker

·
Registered
410 Posts
WD40 or cable lube in the barrel, that's where it will do the most. Wrap a rag around the switch housing to protect from overspray. After a minute to soak in, work the key in/out and lock/unlock. You may have to wiggle the switch housing to get the lock to engage.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
I do sometimes, mostly when unlocking though.

·
Registered
583 Posts
With every oil change I do on a bike, be it mine or others’, I use graphite powder on the key and squirt some in the locks....I do ignition, saddlebag locks, tour pak lock, and/or fork lock depending on the bike I am working on. I then work the key back and forth in the lock. This keeps everything up to snuff.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I had that problem with my 10 when I first got her, and it drove me nutz for months. I finally said fuck it and put a squirt of WD40 in the lock barrel, and it's been working fine for the last 7 years now...so I'm guessing it okay.

Note: I live in Florida, so she sees a lot of rain.

Reactions: jstucker1976

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
With every oil change I do on a bike, be it mine or others’, I use graphite powder on the key and squirt some in the locks....I do ignition, saddlebag locks, tour pak lock, and/or fork lock depending on the bike I am working on. I then work the key back and forth in the lock. This keeps everything up to snuff.
Going to pick some up today and add this to my maint. routine

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Check your key for any slight burs also....

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
you mean, like actually following the maintenance recommendations in the manual? gasp!!!

Reactions: RGKen

·
Registered
820 Posts
had mine get hard to unlock on my covid19 trip, was 1700 mi away from home in a small town with no dealer. short panic attack then wiggled the forks and it unlocked. had it happen couple times after but is workin fine now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts