Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Shark of the Month October 13
10,282 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: ChromeSpark

·
Shark of the Month October 13
10,282 Posts
Pretty Funny man and damn true - Live long enough and its now common to see $100K pick up trucks.....fuck me
If this computer chip shortage doesn't end soon, that old FORD will be worth $100k before long. I have a neighbor that just got $8k more for trade value as what he paid for the now 4 year old truck. $51k trade value for a 1500 Silverado crew with the top trim level.

·
Premium Member
2010 FLTRX, 96 No Mo, Plain Jane
475 Posts
I have 1977 square body Chevy truck,
383 stroker, with a 4 speed automatic,
Took years to get it sweet,
Now my son wants to drop an 6.2L with a 6 speed automatic, I said ok, but he will have to supply the drive train.
I call her Blackie....
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Land vehicle
Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Vehicle Grille

·
Administrator
12,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Now my son wants to drop an 6.2L with a 6 speed automatic, I said ok, but he will have to supply the drive train.
I call her Blackie.... View attachment 433964 View attachment 433965
Sweet , Had a '74 K10 in the early and mid 80's , put a John Lingenfelter stroked 383 in there , was a beast , had a big lift ( for the day ) and 35's all around . Get over 55 and you could turn the steering wheel and it would keep going straight .. 10 mpg with a Holley four bbl ..

JtB

·
Administrator
2008 FLTRU 105th Anniversary w/ 110"
2,710 Posts
For years I had a 79 Blazer that was on 40" mudders. I replaced almost everything on that over the years including all body panels, quarters, you name it. When I sold it, not one of those panels was without a dent - including the roof. Was a fun truck, crossed a few lakes and watched a hub blow right out the front into the bush one time on a steep rock climb - that made it 'exciting' to get out of there.

·
Registered
2020 RGS, FLTRXS that runs great out the gate.
2,099 Posts
I call her Blackie.... View attachment 433964 View attachment 433965
I would not change that, have him find another one or similar...this is badass. Doesn't need what he's jonesin for...

·
Premium Member
2010 FLTRX, 96 No Mo, Plain Jane
475 Posts
Oclaf

Fuel injection, computer controlled transmission, he wants that Corvette set up just because it looks cool, and he could also afford it,

Readers Digest version:

My daughter and I built the engine that you see in the pics, being An ex roundy round racer I know a lil somethin somethin about tree-fittys, we put a the 350HO 4 bolt main short block together, then sent it to be the machine shop, to blue print and balance the rotating accembly,
Put a custom made split duration cam from Crane, 499/510 lift, here's were it gets good, I took a pair of true vortex heads, 062 castings wich are still my favorite today, I Port matched the intake and heads to improve flow, also port matched the exhaust side as well, 5 angle valve job, 1.6/1.7 roller rockers, ( if you asked my grandfather about larger rocker arms, he would tell you that would not be necessary if you got your cam lift right to begin with)
Custom made 4 barrel high rise,for vortex heads, and 1407 rejetted Edelbrock carburetor, topped off with a custom made MSD HEI distributor, to work with the vortex intake.
It is very fast, and has put it up against many trucks,
My daughter calls it the
"Go Fast Truck"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts