Road Glide banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One year ago today, I passed our Roadglide.org flag off in WV. Since then, the flag has only been in the hands of 5 people!!

Sad to say the least. :(

For those of you who are new to the shark tank and/or dont know about our flag, here is the link to the Flag thread. It desperately needs to be brought back to life.

http://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=9206&highlight=flag

·
Registered
896 Posts
I was thinking the same thing the other day. Sad to see a stuck flag....

While I met many wonderful people at Shark Week IV, carrying the flag allowed me to meet folks that are fairly local to me. I received the flag from JayRay and Panhead and I dropped it off to 2012_BigBlue (whatever Gary's handle is). When I met up with all those guys again at SWIV, it was like we were already old friends BECAUSE of the flag. When I mentioned that I'm going to visit Brokenarrow soon, JayRay asked if I want company. SURE!

·
Registered
896 Posts
And because of the flag, 2012_Bigblue and I chat and will find the time to ride together again soon.

My point? Moving the flag is a great experience and if done correctly, you will meet some great people because of it. Let's keep it moving, RoadGlide family!

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
One year ago today, I passed our Roadglide.org flag off in WV. Since then, the flag has only been in the hands of 5 people!!

Sad to say the least. :(

For those of you who are new to the shark tank and/or dont know about our flag, here is the link to the Flag thread. It desperately needs to be brought back to life.

http://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=9206&highlight=flag
+1, I hear you Tracy in the few days I had it a couple years ago after I picked it up at the Cathouse in Eureka Springs it went to Rabbit Hash, rode the Bourbon Trail then it was passed off on The Dragon! Seems like every year the flag goes south and moves less then it would in the great white north and now it even sits in warm weather!! Where have all the riders gone? Pit-ti-ful!!

....I think I had it 2 weeks :eek:

·
Super Moderator
13,524 Posts
I got it from Hogwild at Daytona in March. I mentioned that I would like to pass it on, and thought maybe someone would want it in Leesburg or mention someplace else we could meet. Well I refuse to carry it past SW5, I know somebody there will take it. If someone is coming within 200 miles of me before SW5 and wants it, let me know. Sorry Tracy, I had no intentions of having it this long, but if I still have it in route to SW5, I'll try to get some scenic pictures with it.

·
Gone But Not Forgotten
3,967 Posts
...... when the flag was out west a year or so ago, guys were offering to (and DID) run it hundreds of miles to get it to where it could keep moving.
........ send it back west & we'll do it again.

signing the flag @ Red Rocks

..... a protocol question here, if you meet the flag more'n once, do/should you sign it each time ?

·
Super Moderator
5,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dbell, & anyone else involved here...I in no way am calling out any one particular person. Stuff happens & keeps us from doing things we want/intend to do. I just dont want this to burn out & fade away. Its just not what we are about.
What made this forum what it is, was the fact we all loved to ride and we all loved to get out & meet the folks we converse with almost daily.

And to answer your question groupw, most folks sign their name once and then add the yr(s) next to their names when they have been in contact with it again.

·
Super Moderator
13,524 Posts
Tracy, I don't feel as though I was being called out, I took no offense at all. I just wanted to chime in to let you know where the flag is. I'll try to make up for it with the raffle items I'm bringing. :)

·
Super Moderator
5,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tracy, I don't feel as though I was being called out, I took no offense at all. I just wanted to chime in to let you know where the flag is. I'll try to make up for it with the raffle items I'm bringing. :)
You start mentioning gifts to a woman and everything else seems trival....haha :D

·
Super Moderator
5,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
And back to the topic at hand.
dbell, I see that our forum member Roysant is signed up for SW for the 1st time, he lives in the Palm Harbor area. Maybe something could get worked out between you two.

·
Registered
469 Posts
...... when the flag was out west a year or so ago, guys were offering to (and DID) run it hundreds of miles to get it to where it could keep moving.
........ send it back west & we'll do it again.

signing the flag @ Red Rocks

..... a protocol question here, if you meet the flag more'n once, do/should you sign it each time ?
I second, third and forth GroupW's offer and will make time to participate and share in the event. Lots of good rides to take it and many good riders to share it with.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Canada for a bit

How far north has it been? would be cool if it made its way up through Canada to Alaska if it hasn't been that way
The flag has been to Canada a couple times. I had the honour (and bragging rights) of carrying it the farthest to hand off to a fellow Canadian (Calgaryglide) in Utah for SW3. 2287miles I traveled from home to Utah! Loved every mile of it!
Enjoy the ride. Enjoy the flag!

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
I know the chances of it making it up here in a week are slight, but it sure would be cool for it to make Rolling Thunder, if it hasn't before! .

I'd take it, or pick it up from someone else there if they take it!

·
Shark of the Month October 13
12,819 Posts
You start mentioning gifts to a woman and everything else seems trival....haha :D
They don't call her the queen of swag for nothin'!!! :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.