Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just wanted to give a shout out to JM. I have to admit this is my first Harley and first post. I got the bike because you can pretty much customize it the way you want without a lot of hassles. I still have my Goldwing and my sportbike but this is the cat's meow.

Even before I got it, I knew I wanted some better speakers. My brother "An Avid Goldwing Fan" sent me an email the J&M was offering 15% off of their kits. I picked the RGU Kit with the 4-7.25s and a 340 watt amp.

I installed it one day in the firehouse and it was awesome. The highs and midrange were the best I've heard. It is great. For a music fan such as me, it is best purchase I have made besides the bike itself. I will slowly add stuff but the J&M plug play system made it hell of easy. I just wanted to say thanks.

Later...

Brew

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
J & m

like my J&M as well. Their warranty and customer service are outstanding.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Hi,

I just wanted to give a shout out to JM. I have to admit this is my first Harley and first post. I got the bike because you can pretty much customize it the way you want without a lot of hassles. I still have my Goldwing and my sportbike but this is the cat's meow.

Even before I got it, I knew I wanted some better speakers. My brother "An Avid Goldwing Fan" sent me an email the J&M was offering 15% off of their kits. I picked the RGU Kit with the 4-7.25s and a 340 watt amp.

I installed it one day in the firehouse and it was awesome. The highs and midrange were the best I've heard. It is great. For a music fan such as me, it is best purchase I have made besides the bike itself. I will slowly add stuff but the J&M plug play system made it hell of easy. I just wanted to say thanks.

Later...

Brew
That's cool! You should go to the New Members section and introduce yourself. :D

Congrats on your new ride and Welcome to the Tank from Jacksonville, FL!

·
Registered
77 Posts
REALLY? a Goldwing??

:eek:
Hi,

I still have my Goldwing and my sportbike but this is the cat's meow.

Brew
:eek:

Welcome and glad youre enjoying your harley. but you might as well sell these other two bikes. just saving you some money from Ins and other possible costs. plus two less bikes means more cash into your new HOG :D

·
JMJOHN
1,002 Posts
bsmcbrew ,,,,,

welcome to the forum and congrats on the new bike ,,,,,

thank you very much for the good words about our new performance series speakers & amplifiers ,,,,,

please let us know anytime we can be of assistance ,,,,,

·
Registered
490 Posts
Did you have to take the fairing apart for install? I want a nice audio setup, but I am not crazy about taking my brand new 2013 fairing apart just yet...lol.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Did you have to take the fairing apart for install? I want a nice audio setup, but I am not crazy about taking my brand new 2013 fairing apart just yet...lol.
Yes I had to take the outer fairing off to put it on. I'll say that this was pretty easy. The hard part I learned from lurking here for a little bit is what I experienced in getting the fairing back on. It hangs off two little hooks in the front. From what I learned also is that it is harder to rehang the outer fairing. Everyone says to take the headlights out before you install it and it makes it a lot easier.
IMHO I will tell you that besides my sportbike, it doesn't get any easier to take apart and feel comfortable doing it. Check out youtube and look at J&M website to check out videos of how it's done. l worried about the fuel line for the fuel tank, but there's a website that shows you how to get it off. It's kind of like the fuel lines on a car. Just compress it a bit and turn.

The videos make it easy. I watched a few so when I was looking at the instructions, it was confirming what I saw.

I guess now I need to figure out how to get the head lights in and out. I don't see how unless it is under the bezel.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts