Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
Looks like a nice trip. Are you going to do this all in 1 trip or are you going to break it up in a few separate trips. When do you plan on starting the adventure?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Looks like a great ride, but it seems like you are planning on staying east of the Sierra Nevada Mtns, on 395?
It is far more scenic to go all the way to the CA coast and do hwy 1 (Pacific Coast Highway), or even zig-zag through some of the mountain passes.

·
Registered
936 Posts

seems like you are planning on staying east of the Sierra Nevada Mtns, on 395?
Looks like "Q" is Reno, NV.

Are you leaving the West Coast open for now, pending more input from your Buddy, or are you planning to stay that far east? There's a lot of pretty country just a few more miles west from Reno.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
2,338 Posts
This should put you in the mood for Iowa....... and Illinois.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Let's know when you come thru Mississippi . We'll hook up!
I'll be with the Gypsy Tour group, starting in New Orleans, not sure what side of the Mississippi Chris has planned. riding in from FLA on 10th

New Orleans, July 11-13, possibly do whatever 10th and 11th, they're flex days, somewhat.

Looks like a nice trip. Are you going to do this all in 1 trip or are you going to break it up in a few separate trips. When do you plan on starting the adventure?
the east coast KY-NY-NH-WV-KY part done and over. I couldn't wait for SWII to get some miles on the bike. a good primer, because I learned
much about my bike and self, and limits. no not all at once.

Looks like a great ride, but it seems like you are planning on staying east of the Sierra Nevada Mtns, on 395?
It is far more scenic to go all the way to the CA coast and do hwy 1 (Pacific Coast Highway), or even zig-zag through some of the mountain passes.
I'll go outta my way to play on the 395

anything west of leClaire are bike shows, but I'm still working on filling in those gaps

looks like I'll have to skip MT beartooth rally (N) and maybe retreat home until Strugis.

Looks like "Q" is Reno, NV.

Are you leaving the West Coast open for now, pending more input from your Buddy, or are you planning to stay that far east? There's a lot of pretty country just a few more miles west from Reno.

it is, street vibrations sept 19-23, have 3 weeks between Sturgis and Reno

if anyone has any cool rallies in mind, I'm still filling in the blanks, or any temp position installing, or whatever, I was going to sell bling and audio,
I'm just trying to avoid installing satellite dishes all summer in KY.

Looks like some awesome riding. Shout out when you're in AZ.
I want a place in Kingman, that I know. Phoenix has the ladies, but too darn hot.

ultimately, Death Valley is on the list also. we'll see.

re: cali, lived there for 20+ years, may end up there in desert somewhere between events? or Havisu even.

But I'm serious, I'd like to figure out a seasonal trade for myself, thus the
ride, I don't get pension for 20 years and most of my stuff is paid off, I'm almost unemployable at this point.

open to ideas, any thoughts PM me.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Wish I had the time and money to go, looks like a hell of a trip after SWll....

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Ill either waste $10k this summer being a jackass. Or find the REAL deal.
Spending time and/or money to find the 'real deal' is never a waste. You are lucky to have the opportunity to look....life happens too often and most people get stuck in the mundane, the day to day struggle of just getting by.

Good luck in your search and no matter how it comes out at the very least you'll have one killer summer and an amazing road trip for the memory bank!

·
Registered
147 Posts
If time permits, I'd recommend you divert up to the Birmingham AL area and stop off at the Barber museum. Great motorcycle collection, well worth a couple hours to visit.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts