Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 RGS, Kenwood M1804 amp, what size fuse should I run in my in line fuse link, Ive read where some are 40amp and some are up to 60amp,

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
I am not a audio expert but that amp is a 4 channel amp and the audio system on the Harleys are 2 ohm systems so make sure it is compatible.
I would think that a 20 or 25 amp fuse would be sufficient, the main fuse on the bike is only 40 amp and the charging system is 50 amp max.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
You should look at the size of the fuse in the back of the amp. Normally about a 40 amp fuse. Then put a 25 amp at the battery on the wire going to the amp. That way if something goes wrong, the 25 amp blows first and you are not taking the fairing off to check a fuse. Ask me how I know this! lol

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
You should look at the size of the fuse in the back of the amp. Normally about a 40 amp fuse. Then put a 25 amp at the battery on the wire going to the amp. That way if something goes wrong, the 25 amp blows first and you are not taking the fairing off to check a fuse. Ask me how I know this! lol
Yup.

·
Registered
805 Posts
To protect your system use the smallest amperage fuse that will keep the system operating and in a location you can access easily.
One would think that the manufacture would recommend what will work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts