Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Shark of the Month October 13
11,346 Posts
Everyone's artistic eye is different, but to me the samples shown are just too big and bold. In my mind, when you do it that large and put it on the most visible surface on the bike, it almost looks like you're advertising some product named "Teal Ceil". I have noticed that most custom bike shops, when they're putting personal memoriam to someone on a bike, they more often than not do it on the rear fender above the license plate and lights. Another place would be on the tank console if you have one that's appropriate for being painted or wrapped.

For my taste, I would skip the picture. I just think that family member pics are a little too personal for putting on any vehicle. I think the key here is to remember that whether you use the pic or not, and no matter what you decide to do on the lettering, the reality is that no one except you will understand (or care) what it means. If I were going to do that to memorialize someone, I'd do it fairly small and I'd put it where I would see it from the riding position - tank console or somewhere on the rearward facing portion of the fairing. But that's just me.

When all is said and done, it's your bike, and your memory, so do with it as you please.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
11,346 Posts
I like @RoadieWingZ' idea of having her picture done on the gas cap cover and they could also paint/print "Teal Ceil' across the bottom of the picture. It'll be a constant reminder for you that you dedicated this bike to your mom, it won't be that expensive to have done, and you can potentially move it from HD to HD if/when you get something new in several years. There are at least a couple of small businesses that specialize in doing those, and other covers on the motor.

Take your time to figure out your options. Once you put it on the bike you'll never take it off until you sell/trade the bike, so think it through and then be thrilled with the results.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts