Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
'21 RG Special ("Teal Ceil")
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I LOVE this - the personalization on the saddlebag reflectors (my hubby would love this - he’s a Marine, as well).

To OP, it’s definitely subjective on best placement for such a sweet dedication to your Mom. Personally, I’m a fan of above. Looks nice and clean.
Yeah, that's one I definitely hadn't thought of. Thank you! :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Just my opinion, but that photo of your mom is way to hot for a mom photo. We were going through my mom's photos to pick out one for her obituary and wake and went with a photo of her in middle age and looking like a mom and wife.

We came across photos of her in her late teens and early 20s and I will admit that this is the first time I saw her as a beautiful woman and not just my mom.

I think the photo you show is more appropriate for a wife than a mother.

If that is how you remember your mother then how about laminating it and putting it on the inside of the shield where it mounts to the bike so you can glance at mom.

Or you could do the 1940s pinup theme with the script on the tank or side of the fairing with the photo in paint like the aeroplanes.
Thanks for taking the time to weigh in and for your suggestions. I get where you're coming from regarding the picture and will definitely think it over. Much obliged!

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
So many great ideas and suggestions. Your mother must have been awesome for you to want to remember her like this. Keep in mind that teal is the color for ovarian cancer. People may get the wrong idea, even though your bike is teal. I almost bought a teal Road Glide and/ or a teal Jeep Wrangler in honor of my late wife that passed from ovarian cancer. Just didn't need the constant reminders.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
So many great ideas and suggestions. Your mother must have been awesome for you to want to remember her like this. Keep in mind that teal is the color for ovarian cancer. People may get the wrong idea, even though your bike is teal. I almost bought a teal Road Glide and/ or a teal Jeep Wrangler in honor of my late wife that passed from ovarian cancer. Just didn't need the constant reminders.
Agreed. That's one of the reasons forums like these are so valuable. Thanks for the kind words, BTW. Yeah, Mom was definitely one in a million. My sister and I couldn't have had a better mother or example of how to treat people. I had no idea about teal being the color of ovarian cancer and my condolences for your loss, truly. In my opinion the highest honor we can pay those whom we've loved and lost is to keep them in our hearts and to behave in ways that we feel would make them proud.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts