Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping a few people will be able to help me here. I am getting ready to pull the trigger on 14" bars. I've narrowed it down to the 14" Chubby and the 14" Outlaws and would like to see them actually placed on the bike from the side and from a seating position. Although these bars are the same height they have pretty different measurements and I'm trying to go in with as much info as posiible. Also anyone that has experience with either I'd love to hear the pros and cons. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
5,856 Posts
Did you look at the thread titled Handlebar Talk? Its a sticky on the handlebar subforum. Tons of pics there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Not to screw you up with another consideration but I was thinking of getting 14's and ended up going with 16's. I'm 6'3" and I even think I could have gotten away with 18's. Theeeey are sooooo comfortable...

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tracy - Thanks. I did look through there but wanted to see if I could get specifically what I was looking for. There are one or two pics in there of Wild 1 14's but I really was looking for the view from the seat as well as a side view and there wasn't any of those that I saw.

Oglide I had 12" on my streetglide and always felt they needed to be just a little higher. i'm only 6' but have a long reach, my dept loves custom making my jackets, but I think 16 would be pushing it a little too high.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DED at one time I was thinking of the santee's but ran into two problems. First was I couldn't find anywhere that listed the wrist angle. I know the Outlaws are 22 degrees and the Chubbys are 42 degrees. Second was finding the actual bars in stock. At the time they were going for about $100 but everyone was out of stock except those selling them for $40-$50 more. I also searched but could not find a Santee website. I read through your post and you went with +4 on clutch, how about brake?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Wild1 Chubby WO572 14" Apes.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Here is one more for you. 16" bars with a 14" Windvest shield I am 5'10" but have a long body and short legs if my legs had grown more I would been 6' LOL any way hope this helps in the confusion of makeing a decision.:cool:

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts