Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey so i am just looking for a rough estimate of what my insurance would cost. I am looking at buying a 2006 ninja 250. Nothing to big or fast just a starter bike. I have rode dirt bikes all my life and looking to get into crotch rockets. I am 18, never had an accident or any tickets and am a 4.0 student. Any ideas on how much it would cost me per month or per 6 would be awesome! Thanks

·
Life Member With a Grey Beard
2,122 Posts
Hey so i am just looking for a rough estimate of what my insurance would cost. I am looking at buying a 2006 ninja 250. Nothing to big or fast just a starter bike. I have rode dirt bikes all my life and looking to get into crotch rockets. I am 18, never had an accident or any tickets and am a 4.0 student. Any ideas on how much it would cost me per month or per 6 would be awesome! Thanks
Your age is gonna be a big factor. But I can't believe you can't get a rough quote/estimate. There are too many variables; do you own the bike/what kind of coverage (comp or collision)/value of the bike if there is collision coverage/driving record/etc.)

Punch in the numbers @ Geico (not an endorsement, and I don't even have coverage with them) and they should give you somewhat of an idea.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your age is gonna be a big factor. But I can't believe you can't get a rough quote/estimate. There are too many variables; do you own the bike/what kind of coverage (comp or collision)/value of the bike if there is collision coverage/driving record/etc.)

Punch in the numbers @ Geico (not an endorsement, and I don't even have coverage with them) and they should give you somewhat of an idea.
Ya i will try that, also i should have put that i just want the most basic insurance you need to be legal such as liability with a high deductable.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Everybody knows 'no 4.0 gpa is riding a bike, just like a smart girl would get the back of mine:D shhh

under $30 a month? but with an 4.0 you autta b a bel 2 out sart n e insurance agent

·
Registered
656 Posts

As been said - too many variables.
Check with your existing insurance company with some details, they should be able to help.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Try "Rider Insurance".
Not a recommendation, just a company that used to only insure bikes.
I don't use them, don't know prices, but I remember they had a printed sheet of prices, according to bike size and age of operator.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Check online at bike-line.com If you aren't getting comprensive / collision / etc and the bike is not a big $$$ bike you should be able to get liability only insurance very cheaply. A Ninja 250 is a solid bike and a great choice for starting out in a fun way without killing yourself.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts