Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
8,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a stock dipstick, preferably one off of a pre-rushmore bike. The one with the sliver hex style cap.

As luck would have it, I checked the oil while the bike was up on the lift and dropped the dipstick. I turned around to pick it up and tripped on the air hose and wound up stepping on the dipstick breaking the stick lol. The cap part is still good so I can at least put it back on the bike so nothing can get in there lol

If anyone has one laying around that isn't broken and you are willing to get rid of it please let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
8,828 Posts
I'm looking for a stock dipstick, preferably one off of a pre-rushmore bike. The one with the sliver hex style cap.

As luck would have it, I checked the oil while the bike was up on the lift and dropped the dipstick. I turned around to pick it up and tripped on the air hose and wound up stepping on the dipstick breaking the stick lol. The cap part is still good so I can at least put it back on the bike so nothing can get in there lol

If anyone has one laying around that isn't broken and you are willing to get rid of it please let me know. Thanks
Rob give me a day or so to look through My parts.
I believe I still have mine, if so it's Yours Brother.
If I find it I'll send You a text.
Mike U.

·
Registered
8,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can't help, but I can sure relate to the clusterf**k aspect of what happened; sounds like a typical garage experience at my place.
Seriously, with the luck I've been having lately I just need to barricade myself in a padded room for a few days lol

·
Registered
8,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Come on no video?
Unfortunately for your entertainment purposes I do not catch it on video.... thank god lol. Fortunately for me I never actually went down. I just rolled my ankle on the hose causing me to just stumble around like a drunk man for a minute. The only real unfortunate victim was the dipstick lol

·
Registered
8,828 Posts
Rob I will check My Storage Unit tomorrow for the dipstick and let You know if I find it or not.
Mike U.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rob I will check My Storage Unit tomorrow for the dipstick and let You know if I find it or not.
Mike I.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you Mike.

·
Registered
8,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It's time to clean Your Shop up Rob, LOL!!!!
Mike U.
It's way past the time for that. I need to buy a shed so I can get all the seasonal crap out of the garage

·
Registered
2020 RGS, runs great out the gate.
1,029 Posts
It's time to clean Your Shop up Rob, LOL!!!!
Mike U.
A clean garage is indicator of a disturbed individual...the more tools and crap a strewn, the more its that of one who is wrenching, tweaking, (the bike, not that) and just enjoying said garage and tools, tools not tool...yes, i am not quite right, but every time i think i should clean my garage, i find myself doing something to the bike or truck...

·
Registered
526 Posts
I’m in the same spot. I need to get a shed and get 50% of the shit from Crumb Garage into it and into the backyard. I started looking for one but I don’t know what to get. I don’t really want to spend $4,000 on one, but I also don’t want to get something from Walmart (China) and have my yard look like part of the set from Sanford and Son either.

Plus I have gay neighbors and their yard is always freaking immaculate. They unknowingly shame me into having to keep mine up to par. I can literally feel their judgment when they take measure of what I have going on out front. Here in Vegas homes are on top of one another. So if I got an eye sore I know they’d see it and they’re too nice to do that too. I don’t know how one grows roses out in this hell hole of a desert. But they do. That’s got to be harder than building a motor.

One of the brain trusts that hangs out suggested we build one. “We build bikes, not fucking sheds,” was the general consensus.

Same brain trust that waltzed into my garage one day and says, “what’re your neighbors gay or something?”

What’re you retarded or something?

No, seriously.

Yes, seriously. Why do you care?

Just never had gay neighbors before.

Well, it’s like having straight neighbors but in this case it’s even better. One is an MD and the other is a Physical Therapist. So when I need my prostate examined and a nice massage afterwards, all I have to do is walk next door.

Dumbfounded silence.

So, any suggestions on a not too shitty looking shed? Preferably in grey/white.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts