Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
8,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I’m in the same spot. I need to get a shed and get 50% of the shit from Crumb Garage into it and into the backyard. I started looking for one but I don’t know what to get. I don’t really want to spend $4,000 on one, but I also don’t want to get something from Walmart (China) and have my yard look like part of the set from Sanford and Son either.

Plus I have gay neighbors and their yard is always freaking immaculate. They unknowingly shame me into having to keep mine up to par. I can literally feel their judgment when they take measure of what I have going on out front. Here in Vegas homes are on top of one another. So if I got an eye sore I know they’d see it and they’re too nice to do that too. I don’t know how one grows roses out in this hell hole of a desert. But they do. That’s got to be harder than building a motor.

One of the brain trusts that hangs out suggested we build one. “We build bikes, not fucking sheds,” was the general consensus.

Same brain trust that waltzed into my garage one day and says, “what’re your neighbors gay or something?”

What’re you retarded or something?

No, seriously.

Yes, seriously. Why do you care?

Just never had gay neighbors before.

Well, it’s like having straight neighbors but in this case it’s even better. One is an MD and the other is a Physical Therapist. So when I need my prostate examined and a nice massage afterwards, all I have to do is walk next door.

Dumbfounded silence.

So, any suggestions on a not too shitty looking shed? Preferably in grey/white.
Shed shopping is shitty. Like you I dont want to spend crazy bread on a shed but also dont want a cheap ass chinese on either. Since you're in Vegas you can probably get away with one of the portable garages. I'm in new England so I need to worry about the weight of the snow that's gonna be on the roof for the winter months. I have a funny feeling I'll be spending a few k for a decent shed

·
Registered
8,871 Posts
Shed shopping is shitty. Like you I dont want to spend crazy bread on a shed but also dont want a cheap ass chinese on either. Since you're in Vegas you can probably get away with one of the portable garages. I'm in new England so I need to worry about the weight of the snow that's gonna be on the roof for the winter months. I have a funny feeling I'll be spending a few k for a decent shed
Rob look at Stolzfus Structures in PA.
They make some pretty nice sheds.
A good friend of mine had one and it was extremely well made.
They also deliver it and set it up.
Here's a link: Storage Sheds
Best of Luck Bro!
Oh yeah, I didn't forget about the dipstick I should be off to the storage unit soon.
Mike U.

·
Registered
8,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Rob look at Stolzfus Structures in PA.
They make some pretty nice sheds.
A good friend of mine had one and it was extremely well made.
They also deliver it and set it up.
Here's a link: Storage Sheds
Best of Luck Bro!
Oh yeah, I didn't forget about the dipstick I should be off to the storage unit soon.
Mike U.
Yeah I have a few places around that are basically the same. I'll be paying a visit to one of them this weekend to see what they have. I think no matter what I'll be spending 3 to 5k. Not really what I want to do but we'll see. I dont need anything crazy big. Just enough to fit a riding mower, a couple snowblowers and a power washer, some more lawn equipment and supplies. Well basically I need another garage lol

·
Registered
533 Posts
HA HA HA! thats awesome...love your humour..."we build bikes not sheds" HA! HA! along with same mastermind/brain trust continuing bewilderment...HA! HA! HA! good way to start a Friday...
Thanks my dude. Now if I could only get my lady to find me funny.....

Reactions: rlaf75

·
Registered
8,871 Posts
Okay everyone I found My old dipstick and will be sending it to Rob tomorrow. I’ve already let him know but he’s at work right now.
Mike U.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Welp! I think this forum will be the death of my bank account fo sho! With all of the messy garage talk I broke down and ordered a shed today. Now I'll be able to get all of my seasonal crap out and free up the second side of my two car garage. It's gonna take a few weeks before they deliver and set it up so in the mean time I have to put the smartphone down and turn of the forum so I can give the bank account time to breathe lol

·
Registered
2019 RGS, Fullsac exhaust, S&S stealth AC, TTS tuner.
1,543 Posts
I’m in the same spot. I need to get a shed and get 50% of the shit from Crumb Garage into it and into the backyard. I started looking for one but I don’t know what to get. I don’t really want to spend $4,000 on one, but I also don’t want to get something from Walmart (China) and have my yard look like part of the set from Sanford and Son either.

Plus I have gay neighbors and their yard is always freaking immaculate. They unknowingly shame me into having to keep mine up to par. I can literally feel their judgment when they take measure of what I have going on out front. Here in Vegas homes are on top of one another. So if I got an eye sore I know they’d see it and they’re too nice to do that too. I don’t know how one grows roses out in this hell hole of a desert. But they do. That’s got to be harder than building a motor.

One of the brain trusts that hangs out suggested we build one. “We build bikes, not fucking sheds,” was the general consensus.

Same brain trust that waltzed into my garage one day and says, “what’re your neighbors gay or something?”

What’re you retarded or something?

No, seriously.

Yes, seriously. Why do you care?

Just never had gay neighbors before.

Well, it’s like having straight neighbors but in this case it’s even better. One is an MD and the other is a Physical Therapist. So when I need my prostate examined and a nice massage afterwards, all I have to do is walk next door.

Dumbfounded silence.

So, any suggestions on a not too shitty looking shed? Preferably in grey/white.
I was going to suggest you build a shed, then I kept reading lol
Building a shed is easier than building a bike. There seems to be a high demand for sheds on the forum 🤔 If I was retired I would travel around and build sheds for forum members, I work for beer food and lodging 😁

·
Registered
533 Posts
I was going to suggest you build a shed, then I kept reading lol
Building a shed is easier than building a bike. There seems to be a high demand for sheds on the forum 🤔 If I was retired I would travel around and build sheds for forum members, I work for beer food and lodging 😁
Come on down!

Reactions: Ike Burns

·
Registered
8,871 Posts
Welp! I think this forum will be the death of my bank account fo sho! With all of the messy garage talk I broke down and ordered a shed today. Now I'll be able to get all of my seasonal crap out and free up the second side of my two car garage. It's gonna take a few weeks before they deliver and set it up so in the mean time I have to put the smartphone down and turn of the forum so I can give the bank account time to breathe lol
Well don’t keep Us in suspense Rob. Inquiring Minds want to know what brand shed did You get.
Pics please. LOL
Mike U.

·
Registered
8,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Well don’t keep Us in suspense Rob. Inquiring Minds want to know what brand shed did You get.
Pics please. LOL
Mike U.

The deal isn't 100% set in stone just yet. They are coming out on Monday to make sure it can be delivered into my property. The location I need it to be placed at isn't easily accessible with their trailer. Theres plenty of room where I want it but getting there will be the problem. If they have to build the shed on site it will cost me another thousand and I'm not going to purchase it so they agreed to come out and make sure they can deliver it prebuilt. It's not a very big shed at only 8x10 but it will be good for me to get what I need out of the garage. I used to keep everything in my 7x11 enclosed trailer so this should be fine

·
Registered
8,871 Posts
Best of Luck Rob!
I hope it all works out well for You Bro.
FWIW i know that Stolzfus Structures uses motorized mules to move their sheds from the trailer onto anywhere on the property the buyer wants.
Mike U.

·
Registered
8,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Best of Luck Rob!
I hope it all works out well for You Bro.
FWIW i know that Stolzfus Structures uses motorized mules to move their sheds from the trailer onto anywhere on the property the buyer wants.
Mike U.

The guy told me that their trailer can make 90° turns but there's three 90° turns once they get it up into my driveway and even geting backed into the driveway isn't gonna be an easy battle either. My driveway is pretty steep then they need to make a left 90 then two right 90s to get it behind the garage and each 90 is tight. We'll see. I'll be able to get my deposit back if it cant be done.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts