Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Heard back from the insurance company today. They decided it was to much damage so are paying me out. Kinda mixed emotions on this. On one hand I hate that I am without my RoadGlide but on the plus side I get to go shopping for a new bike馃 They are giving me about $2500 more than what I paid for the bike which I am satisfied with, but that just goes to show that I got a good deal when I bought it and now I need to put all that work back in to finding another good deal. I have been looking for the past couple weeks since the accident and prices are up right now but I think if I am patient then I will have no trouble finding a good replacement at a reasonable price. The good thing is that I still have my Honda Shadow so I can ride that till I find a good deal.

The body is healing well and I should be able to get back on two wheels this weekend.(y)

Registered
Glad the body is playing along and doing its healing the way it should. As for the shopping part, that is where the fun begins.

Registered
Glad to hear your healing up good. Enjoy the search and all the test rides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Glad the body is playing along and doing its healing the way it should. As for the shopping part, that is where the fun begins.
Ya I had a lot of fun shopping for the last bike. I didn't expect to be doing it so soon, I figured in about 10 years from now lol.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Glad to hear your healing up good. Enjoy the search and all the test rides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ya i didn't do any test rides when I bought my other RoadGlide as it was still the winter time. This may give me a chance to try out some bikes that I wont be buying but may be fun to ride, I will see how accommodating some of the dealers are (y)

Registered
I will say this about the new 2020's.......while you may only get (1) Fob and No Vent Doors.....that new Head Unit is lightyears better than the old IMHO - Even the Glare is no longer and issue (from what I have seen so far) with the different glass used - System boots up in seconds and it is soooooo much easier to maneuver via the thumb controls (I seldom even touch the screen anymore) and I just LOVE being able to search a destination on my Cell via the HD App and the send it to the bike....it flat out rocks - Sitting at lunch with the lads with no where in mind, someone has an idea...search it on the phone, find it and send the route to the bike....finish eating, mount up, turn the bike on...BA'AM.....there is the route loaded up for you.....love it

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
I will say this about the new 2020's.......while you may only get (1) Fob and No Vent Doors.....that new Head Unit is lightyears better than the old IMHO - Even the Glare is no longer and issue (from what I have seen so far) with the different glass used - System boots up in seconds and it is soooooo much easier to maneuver via the thumb controls (I seldom even touch the screen anymore) and I just LOVE being able to search a destination on my Cell via the HD App and the send it to the bike....it flat out rocks - Sitting at lunch with the lads with no where in mind, someone has an idea...search it on the phone, find it and send the route to the bike....finish eating, mount up, turn the bike on...BA'AM.....there is the route loaded up for you.....love it
Ya the new head unit and the 114 are very tempting on the 19 and 20's that you don't get with the 17 or 18's. I am going to call the Harley dealer 250miles from me and inquire about when and how much their rental fleet will be selling this year. That may be my best chance to get into a 2020 at a really good price. Their 19's were about 8-10K off MSRP with milage ranging from 3K miles to 15K miles.
It would mean I would have to wait till the winter to a new bike but may be worth it in the long run. I realistically only have about 2 months left of riding season anyways so I can handle going back to the Honda for that.

Registered
Ike, I'm glad to hear that You are mending well Bro!
Take Your time searching for Your New Glide.
I'm sure You will be able to find the one You want at a great price too.
Best of Luck!
Mike U.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Ike, I'm glad to hear that You are mending well Bro!
Take Your time searching for Your New Glide.
I'm sure You will be able to find the one You want at a great price too.
Best of Luck!
Mike U.
Thanks Mike.
Part of me wants to go out and grab any RoadGlide in my price range right now, but I know if I don't rush and wait for the right deal and then pounce then I will be happier in the long run. I was patient with my last RoadGlide and was able to find what I wanted at a great price. Right now the better deals I have seen are on Batwings but after having the Shark I don't think I can take a step backwards.

Premium Member
I am going to call the Harley dealer 250miles from me and inquire about when and how much their rental fleet will be selling this year. That may be my best chance to get into a 2020 at a really good price.
Buying a used rental bike reminded me of this:

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
Buying a used rental bike reminded me of this:

lol true. But i really doubt that any of the renters would have rode it as hard as I will. And rental standards have gotten way better (at least around here) in the last 20 years. They check everything when you take it and check everything when you bring it back and always do the regular maintenance, you can not guarantee that with any private sale. The RoadGlide I had was a rental that the owner before me bought, which is probably why I was able to get it for what I did, and there was nothing wrong with that bike (y)

Registered
Sorry to hear about your bad luck and glad you are ok.

Make sure you strip that bad boy of all your goodies before they take it!I

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry to hear about your bad luck and glad you are ok.

Make sure you strip that bad boy of all your goodies before they take it!I
Ya I hadn't had a chance to make to many mods yet. But I talked with the adjuster and he will let me swap the bars out, which are really the only thing left to salvage other than the new rubber I had just put on. The adjuster said if I send in the bill for the tires then they may give me something extra for them.

Registered
Glad to hear your healing up, I know it takes time.
Your lucky you have something to ride so you dont have to jump quickly.
I bought before I was really ready, but found a bike in the right color and low miles. Bought it and it sat for months before I rode it for the first time. :LOL:

Good Luck in your search

Reactions: Ike Burns

Registered
So what exactly are you looking for? 2019/20 Glide - colour? Tour Pak? Price?

Shark of the Month October 13
From your original description of the bike after the accident, it doesn't surprise me that they totaled it. Anything with a fairing and bags, even without motor or frame damage, often gets totaled. The bad news is that with HD's current low inventory issue, prices on used bikes here in the U.S. are climbing quickly. The good news is that you've got a long winter to find a good deal on the next one. The 2021's will be out in the first qtr. so that makes the 2019/2020s that you'd prefer a model year older and that might move them further into your price zone. Good luck with the 'hunt' and have fun doing it.

Registered
Discussion Starter #19
So what exactly are you looking for? 2019/20 Glide - colour? Tour Pak? Price?
I am looking for anything 17 or newer. It does not need a TP as I still have the one from my other bike, so I would prefer a special over an Ultra/Limited but wouldn't be against getting the Ultra. Budget is about 25K but if I found a good deal on a 19 or 20 I may go higher.
Black has a lot of benefits, my TP is black and other aftermarket parts are easier and cheaper to get in black but those blue bikes sure do look good. So as far as colour goes I am not set on a specific colour but there are some that don't like and would be a no go. My favourite colour would be that Skunk you posted the other day but I just cant justify taking that kind of a loan out on a bike.

Registered
Had a thought. Could you buy it from them and fix it yourself? Do any custom work yourself.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 29 Posts