Road Glide banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Had a thought. Could you buy it from them and fix it yourself? Do any custom work yourself.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
You know that may be worth looking into. I know there are guys around that do that as a side business, buy bikes that were in accidents fix them up and sell them. I have the ability and tools to do that and I should have no trouble getting it done over the winter :unsure: I am going to look into the numbers on this.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
8,082 Posts
SE - "..... and I just LOVE being able to search a destination on my Cell via the HD App and the send it to the bike....it flat out rocks - Sitting at lunch with the lads with no where in mind, someone has an idea...search it on the phone, find it and send the route to the bike....finish eating, mount up, turn the bike on...BA'AM.....there is the route loaded up for you.....love it"

#SteadyEddie - What's an "App"?

Reactions: DanHappy

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Take off your extras, sell em...dont be scared of a former rental. I bought a 2010 with 4500 miles on it (in 2011).. Had them throw ESP on top of it for peace of mind..it was a great bike!!! saved a TON

Reactions: Ike Burns

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
You know that may be worth looking into. I know there are guys around that do that as a side business, buy bikes that were in accidents fix them up and sell them. I have the ability and tools to do that and I should have no trouble getting it done over the winter :unsure: I am going to look into the numbers on this.
Only thing that comes to mind is your state and how they deal with the title. Pa will make it a reconstructed title and you can never sell it as a regular title.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Only thing that comes to mind is your state and how they deal with the title. Pa will make it a reconstructed title and you can never sell it as a regular title.

Yep same here it would be salvage title. The value would drop a few thousand for sure, I came across a couple when I was looking in the spring and some recently in my search. There was one done up really nice for sale a couple weeks ago that I would have considered and it sold pretty fast.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Also I hear that a dealership will not take it in for a trade. I am not sure i am conformable with that though....

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Also I hear that a dealership will not take it in for a trade. I am not sure i am conformable with that though....

You gave me the ideal and now you are trying to talk me out of it lol. No I really appreciate the input. I could see dealers not wanting to take a salvage bike, they like to advertise that the bike is perfect. And they would also have to price accordingly which may make their other bikes over priced(which for the most part they are lol). But not being able to trade in wouldn't be an issue for me as if I went this rout I would keep the bike for a long time and then sell it privately when the time came.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
You gave me the ideal and now you are trying to talk me out of it lol. No I really appreciate the input. I could see dealers not wanting to take a salvage bike, they like to advertise that the bike is perfect. And they would also have to price accordingly which may make their other bikes over priced(which for the most part they are lol). But not being able to trade in wouldn't be an issue for me as if I went this rout I would keep the bike for a long time and then sell it privately when the time came.
I wasn't trying anything! Lol not sure where your located and some states are cool and some are not.

Its weird that, some people look at a salvage title on a bike like its voodoo or something. But these same people will buy a car that was totaled and repaired and be fine with it. Like the salvage moniker is horrible.

Never understood that..

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I wasn't trying anything! Lol not sure where your located and some states are cool and some are not.

Its weird that, some people look at a salvage title on a bike like its voodoo or something. But these same people will buy a car that was totaled and repaired and be fine with it. Like the salvage moniker is horrible.

Never understood that..

Ya I am in Saskatchewan. The only issue would be that it would need a different safety inspection to be registered and insured, not a huge deal. But ya it is one of those things where some people will shy away from it so the value goes down. I may have to look into what I would get for value from insurance as well, God forbid another freak accident happens.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts