Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Covered new territory today. Again this one landed me out in the NV/CA desert. Peacefull, quiet when I pulled to the side of the road and stopped to take a leak and experience the landscape. May not have been a car in 15 to 20 miles in either direction.......I like this. Not exactly sure when I crossed over into California, there were no signs. I guess the state of CA is so broke they can't even put up a "Welcome to California" sign. Tekopa is an interesting place, upon arriving found this:

Apparently, around Tekopa an Shoshone there are several "Sun Shine Clubs"......I did not know that.

Here are a few more pics of the day........about 160mi.

Nevadasun & DesertShark

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
I was out that way for business for a few weeks in 2009. I loved riding in the desert. There are places in Death Valley that look like you're riding on the moon.

It's very cool to me to look ahead all the way to the horizon and there's nothing but landscape. Then look in your mirrors and you see the same thing behind you.

There's something very cool about being all alone like that. Plus, you get to find out what the top speed on your bike really is. :D

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I look foward to your post and pics.....welcome aboard. I see you might take BOTM, best of luck.

Nevadasun

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hummm, I wouldn't worry that much about the "boo boo's". I'm confident you have good instruction. Just relax, apply the fundamentals and enjoy the ride. It really is a matter of practice and practice.....well, it's fun. Keep your head up, always.

Nevadasun

·
Registered
105 Posts
Nevadasun,
I'll be landing in LV tonight. I'm so ready. 4 degrees here this morning. Just waiting to take off for the airport. Hope we are able to hook up some time here in the next eight weeks.

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
It is a Nevada plate and ........... it is special. $396.00 bucks last registration. It is Nevada's "United We Stand" plate......to celebrate 911.

Nevadasun
I hope at least $300 of that goes to the faimlys left behind and not into nevadas budgets. I know in MA i pay extra for my veteran plates and the difference goes to the soilders home wich is a out patient hopital for vets

1 - 18 of 18 Posts