Discussion Starter #1
We got our chance to install this cam with our pipe with SE tuner
2011 St Glide
Stock 103
560 cam
Dragula 2:1 pipe 2.55 baffle
SE Tuner.
5th gear pulls

All I can say is WOW this cam pulls hard through the whole range easy to tune.
Easy on start up etc.,

Temp at our shop was 83Deg. 36% Hum.
Customer was very happy
And so were we. When I took this bike out for a test ride it feels way different then what the numbers show.
I am a big fan of the Tman 555-C and 555TQ
But I would put this cam up against any of the Woods, Andrews, Tman ect....
Great job guys on this one you have a winner here in my books...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No not at this time but we will

QUOTE=Redbeard77;982881]Very nice! Do you have any similar dynos with your new exhaust?[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm a happy customer. I called Frank and talked about my 2013 that has a Power Commander 5, V&H Pro Pipe HO and a Ness Big Sucker.

I asked what he recommends for my bike and he talked about the new cams
from Independent Cycles that would be ideal for my bike. He said they are a great cam for torque now and when I want to get some work on the heads, they will be great for future mods.

I bought the cams early on and waited a little before they arrived. James from Independent Cycles called me and told me about how good the cams have been with similar mods as mine and they will be great for future mods. James shipped them out to me and I had my Indy install and dynotune the whole set up.

My numbers came in a 92hp and 105Torque

I'm very happy and they will be put to the test this weekend as I ride up for Las Vegas Bikefest. I'm really happy with the sound and a lot less heat it throws off.

I plan on posting again with my experience after this weekend.

Also, Frank from Dragos and James from Independent are true Gentleman and were very helpful.

For your future reference here is what I have into the whole cam install for all parts, labor and dyno - Everything $1232

That's well worth it for such a big performance increase.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am very happy you are happy. Thank you for your business enjoy.

I'm a happy customer. I called Frank and talked about my 2013 that has a Power Commander 5, V&H Pro Pipe HO and a Ness Big Sucker.

I asked what he recommends for my bike and he talked about the new cams
from Independent Cycles that would be ideal for my bike. He said they are a great cam for torque now and when I want to get some work on the heads, they will be great for future mods.

I bought the cams early on and waited a little before they arrived. James from Independent Cycles called me and told me about how good the cams have been with similar mods as mine and they will be great for future mods. James shipped them out to me and I had my Indy install and dynotune the whole set up.

My numbers came in a 92hp and 105Torque

I'm very happy and they will be put to the test this weekend as I ride up for Las Vegas Bikefest. I'm really happy with the sound and a lot less heat it throws off.

I plan on posting again with my experience after this weekend.

Also, Frank from Dragos and James from Independent are true Gentleman and were very helpful.

For your future reference here is what I have into the whole cam install for all parts, labor and dyno - Everything $1232

That's well worth it for such a big performance increase.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
That good news. I'll be giving you guys a call near the 1st of November to discuss my build options and order cams.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Sorry, but I'm still confused. Frank's original post with dyno chart represents results with 560 cams but more recent posts discuss 561 cams instead (two variations).

Does this mean that the 561s (2 versions) have replaced the 560 or are there now three new sets of cams we should consider?

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Torqu, we had a few different cam prototypes during testing. The 560 cam was one of those but the final cam sold as a production cam is the 561-1 which is what is used in the OP and all dyno sheets on the boards. Hope this clarifies things for everyone.
Does for me... thanks.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Will these work in a 96" and if so what kind of numbers could one expect with Rinehart true duals, SE tuner and air cleaner? Thank you.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
611 cams
10.5 and 10.8.1 cam
243 intake-248 ext
30 over lap.
Very easy starting cams very little noise over stock easy on valve train and lifters

If you are looking for a cam to use with less compression I would use
561-2 cams range is 9.8-10.25.1 we have them in stock.

Whats the duration and overlap on the 611?

·
Registered
325 Posts
I considered the 561-1, they do perform well, but for the cost the Andrews 57 is the better option, the power output is almost identical, the 57 in a stock 103 seems to make a little more horsepower.
This one here is a Stage 2, Andrews 57, 103 with V & H Power duals, no other mods.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts