4,024 Posts

·
Registered
3,912 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Indian Motorcycles are the ugliest things I have ever seen, I tried to like them but after seeing the new ones in person last Sturgis there is no way I would ever buy one.

I cant imagine any fixed faring Indian looking anything but ass ugly
"IF" I may be so bold sir!? "........anything but "butt ass" ugly" But seriously folks: the only Indian I even "remotely" like is the Scout. Yeah, it's one of those days. :grin::nerd:

·
Registered
342 Posts
Hey, don't knock my old bike! Was even signed my Mr Ness himself.

View attachment 381667
I had an 08 Vision. Best touring bike I've ever had. Handled the twisties great,,, and I know I'm going to get slapped by a dead chicken for this,,, but it handled better than my Road Glide does and was easier to manage in parking lots because the frame was narrower at the nose of the seat which allowed my feet to get to the ground flat.
It wasn't as good looking though and the tranny had straight cut gears so it whined horribly in every gear but 6th.

When Victory closed up I sold it because of lack of dealer network. Sold it for $800 less than I paid for it two years prior.

I do not like the Indians. I can't get over the hunk of plastic under the seat. I wanted to but I just can't get over the ugly at that price. The Vision I bought used for $6,800.00. I could live with the ugly at that price. If Indian were to make a Vision I'd be interested in that. Especially in a Four.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Up until this, I had respect for Indian. This is pretty much a blatant rip-off. It's not like there isn't room for innovation in the cruiser/bagger industry.
Now they need to paint a big number one on the side of the tank.
"Imitation is the greatest form of flattery":C.C. Colton (or some kind of b.s. like that) :laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
My dad bought his 79’ Suzuki GS1000 with the Liberator fairing. Could have been 1980 but 79’ sticks in my head for some reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What a classic pic!!!! Thanks. Wish I had one of my dad on his Honda 305 Dream

·
Registered
5,707 Posts
Apples and Oranges but this thing out ran ANY 1200 Sporty in the line up and I know I said this before but that 1200 motor was just plain old fun........prob should have kept it but I am a dumb ass so no surprise there

If I was a younger Lad, would have zero reservations about this being my only bike

Attachments

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
I agree, Polaris should have continued with Victory but hope Indian does well. If it’s American made by hard working Americans,I hope they succeed and do well! Harley survived 116 years and will be fine lol. Love the Road Glides that I’ve owned and think they’re one of the best bikes Harley ever made. However, remember a time when I wouldn’t even give them a second look and thought they were the Pontiac Aztek of motorcycles lol. Funny how tastes change over time. I even think Azteks are cool now since Walter White drove one in Breaking Bad lol
Up until this, I had respect for Indian. This is pretty much a blatant rip-off. It's not like there isn't room for innovation in the cruiser/bagger industry.
Now they need to paint a big number one on the side of the tank.
A VAST, GREAT, IMMEASURABLE,etc. IMPROVEMENT:wink::wink: Hey, where are the pics? Arrggg!!!!!!!
After reading the comments in this thread, I figure I'll add my $.02 into the fray. Victory needed to go as it was just wasn't selling. I rode a few Victorys and larger Indians, but always preferred my Road Glide.

What I admired about Victory, Vision included, was that they were not me-too copies of existing motorcycles or throwbacks to their past (there was no past for Victory) heydays. Victory, and the Polaris Indian, came out with their own motors and Victory's getting the Ness family involved was genius.

Now that Indian has gone away from the skirted fenders on some models and changed the front fairing to a more bat wing looking affair, I feel disappointed in their lack of styling creativity. The Scout is a hoot, but I really think Polaris screwed the pooch (or other farm animal) by not having a model or two with the more contemporary styling (Scout excepted) of the Victory line.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Apples and Oranges but this thing out ran ANY 1200 Sporty in the line up and I know I said this before but that 1200 motor was just plain old fun........prob should have kept it but I am a dumb ass so no surprise there

If I was a younger Lad, would have zero reservations about this being my only bike

That's a good looking Scout. I don't really care for the red Scouts. The pearl white looks good on them but your black one is the best looking Scott I've ever seen. I could probably give up my 16 Roadster with its RSD treatment for one like that.

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
That's a good looking Scout. I don't really care for the red Scouts. The pearl white looks good on them but your black one is the best looking Scott I've ever seen. I could probably give up my 16 Roadster with its RSD treatment for one like that.
Totally different ergonomics. I sat on a RSD Roadster at a dealership and with the rear sets the bike was definitely set up the way it should have been from the factory. I just couldn't swallow the $15k price tag. Café bike vs Bobber.

·
Registered
5,707 Posts
Gracias......she was BRILLIANT in a straight line but that Fat Front Tire made for work when in and out of twisties....it could be done, but required more effort and was by no means a 'Tip In" of a roadster......which I also owned and loved but only being a 5 speed.....at 90mph, it was SCREAMING......did handle like the cats PJs tho....IMHO, the best handling HD I have ever ridden off the showroom floor.....All I did was Stage 1 it and try to get the front end to push, just to learn the limits.....she took all I was willing to throw at her

Attachments

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hey, don't knock my old bike! Was even signed my Mr Ness himself.

View attachment 381667

I had a Magnum for 3 years. Never really loved the Vision, but THAT one was an amazing bike. Got the pleasure of working on a few. Comfort, power, and would make much tighter turns than my Magnum. If I was ever gonna get a Vision, that'd be the one. 12 or 13, right?

41 - 60 of 156 Posts