Road Glide banner

101 - 120 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Will be interesting to see where the price on these start. Liquid cooled and plenty of power (first year engine though? I'll pass). Their GPS unit kicks the shit out of HD's unit for sure. Brother has a Chieftan and that gps starts up in about 2 seconds it seems like.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Will be interesting to see where the price on these start. Liquid cooled and plenty of power (first year engine though? I'll pass). Their GPS unit kicks the shit out of HD's unit for sure. Brother has a Chieftan and that gps starts up in about 2 seconds it seems like.
I agree with you on the infotainment but you have the better bike overall. >:)

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
My buddy has a Indian and the Radio on my bike is WAY better then his, but mine is a 2019 also.

·
Registered
228 Posts
The latest Boom update should speed up things.

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Not interested in going back to liquid cooled bikes. Talk about hot! The heat being pulled from the engine now comes out of the radiator which is in front of the rider. Liquid cooling doesn't equate to more comfortable rider. Take a ride on the KTM adventure bikes or Ducati and you will fry your nads.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Indian "Road Glide"

Its not just the radio/GPS, the suspension doesn't require and $800+ update a week after you buy it. They ride great. but its not this...

This is where I will disagree completely. While they do ride more plush than an HD they are way too soft for any kind of real riding. Now if you are one that never breaks the speed limit and doesn't do any sort of aggressive riding in the twisties then you may be right. I've ridden several on longish type ride and it felt Ok starting out but when I started getting aggressive in the twisties in was not good at all. I even told my friend that it would be the 1st thing to upgrade if I ever bought one.

·
Registered
136 Posts
This is where I will disagree completely. While they do ride more plush than an HD they are way too soft for any kind of real riding. Now if you are one that never breaks the speed limit and doesn't do any sort of aggressive riding in the twisties then you may be right. I've ridden several on longish type ride and it felt O starting out but when I started getting aggressive in the twisties in was not good at all. I even told my friend that it would be the 1st thing to upgrade if I ever bought one.
With all due respect Ken, you haven’t tried following my buddy "Fast Eddy" on his Chieftain through the western NC twisties, with the right amount of crazy they handle just fine…:cool:

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
With all due respect Ken, you haven’t tried following my buddy "Fast Eddy" on his Chieftain through the western NC twisties, with the right amount of crazy they handle just fine…:cool:

Never said it couldn't be done bro. Just that it takes way more work to do. Still say the suspension would need to be upgraded. I would love to ride with your friend. Sounds like a fun guy to ride with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Don’t mind a sporty feel to a bike but coming from a 12 Ultra over to a 15 Fltrx, felt almost like a hard tail lol. Getting new Super Shox helped a lot!

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
This thing comes out in the right color w/120hp, 5yr warranty, and in the low $20’s and I’ll have some slightly worn H-D tee shirts in the classifieds, discounted well below the MOCO’s $40 MSRP.
I like it & hope it’ll be priced right. So sad to see people like the gentleman on here recently that was selling his 2018 CVO that he bought new for 46k and had probably 8k in extras with bars, pipes, tourpack etc. & had a hard time getting 35k for it. I hope this does well, would be nice if it had the adjustable foot controls like some of the Victory touring models had and an adjustable windshield. If you get one of these you should still be able to join the forum since it’ll be based on a Road Glide and might even be an improvement :eek:

·
Registered
3,882 Posts

Attachments

101 - 120 of 156 Posts