Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a RGS 15 with stock head and J&M 600W 4ch amp. I originally bought Polk Audio DB651, but they won't fit because of the grill thickness. I followed several suggestions on here and bought the 62.11i. I like the mid and highs and they sound great for the most part. My question is has anyone figured out how or what to do to get better base and it not punch/pop? Not sure how best to describe the base sounds, but I actually have to turn the music down so it doesn't sound so bad on certain songs. Not sure there is enough clearance on the grill tabs to allow the speaker to flex properly for the base, or I need to get some type of backing/insulation behind the speaker. Suggestions??

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'd like to get bass out of mine too, but haven't head any solutions to that issue yet.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Insulated chopped tour pak with a 15" sub in it!

Have you tried adjusting the bass/treble settings? Turning bass down and treble up can help a little.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, have tweaked the bass and treble several times. I normally listen to music via bluetooth on iPhone. I have turned off the eq and volume limiter on the iPhone. That took care of the initial problems I was having after installing the J&M amp.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After trying a set of Polk Audio MM651 and getting the same result (won't go to waste once I install tour pak pods) I called J&M. The J&M amp is setup and tuned for their speakers. I will have to make bass frequency response and amp gain adjustments to work with my specific speakers. I tested a few scenarios and to get rid of the distortion I turned off the bass and treble on EQ (lost about 25-35% of sound volume) and used the eq setting on iPhone. Sounded good, but not an optimal setup. If I listen to radio, I have to go back and adjust bass and treble.
Let's take the fairing apart one more time.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts