Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed Infinity Kappa 6 1/2" sounded great for 100 miles then heard some static then no tweeter. Sending back this week. Question is do I replace with same or get something different. Was this a bad pair or an issue with these speakers? I power thru stick head unit and RF 300 PBRX2 amp.

·
Registered
8,790 Posts
Whats your gain set at ? Do you have your high pass filter set ? Are these speakers 100 rms 400 max ?

·
Registered
8,790 Posts
Gain at 5 hi pass on. Kappas are 125 rms. 225 max.
Sounds like you just got a bad one. I got my gain set at just a hair below 5 and got the filter set to all pass , and my Hog tune speakers handle it . They are rated well below the Infinity's you have.

·
Administrator
12,457 Posts
I think you have a bad set, I have the same speaker running off a HW amp..... unless you're at a constant full volume it shouldn't have blown. A little advice, its good to break in speakers just like your bike, don't blast them right away, give the material a little time to flex.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
8,790 Posts
I think you have a bad set, I have the same speaker running off a HW amp..... unless you're at a constant full volume it shouldn't have blown. A little advice, its good to break in speakers just like your bike, don't blast them right away, give the material a little time to flex.

Sent from my SPH-L710
I know some audio filers and they say it takes over 50 hours to really break in speakers. Not that I believe it takes that time but just thought I'D mention it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts