Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to upgrade my stock head unit, and my crappy sounding Hog Tunes amp and speaker kit, (the amp makes my boom audio hidden antenna cut out). Anyways, I'm thinking about the Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 component set in the stock speaker location on my 2013 FLTRX. I've been doing a lot of research, and saw a couple speaker fitment issues mentioned. Is anyone running these speakers in the fairing? Will the magnet hit the outer? I plan on putting Dynomat in the fairing, and putting the tweeter in the upper gauge locations, (if they'll fit). Any advise would be great. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8,288 Posts
I run the Infinity Kappa 62.11i with the Hawg wired adapters and use the foam covers around the rear of the speaker and still have plenty of room.
You can compare the size difference of the two speakers if needed.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The mounting depth on the 62.11i is 2and one eight inches. The 6.1Perfects have a mounting depth of 2 and five eights inches

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also know I need the adapter rings, but I don't want to cut the glove boxes. I have carpeted liners inside of mine.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow... Still no reply from Q-Hog, UltraNutZ, or Torqu? I figured one of these three guys would have been the first to point me in the right direction. If I had the funds, I'd be going with Focal 165XR2's. But I'm just sick of the Hog Tunes and stock HU. I read a lot of mixed reviews on the Perfect 6.1's. And I hear a lot of good thing on this forum about the other Kappa series speakers. I just don't want to make a $200 mistake.

·
Registered
8,288 Posts
Wow... Still no reply from Q-Hog, UltraNutZ, or Torqu? I figured one of these three guys would have been the first to point me in the right direction. If I had the funds, I'd be going with Focal 165XR2's. But I'm just sick of the Hog Tunes and stock HU. I read a lot of mixed reviews on the Perfect 6.1's. And I hear a lot of good thing on this forum about the other Kappa series speakers. I just don't want to make a $200 mistake.
The Kappa 62.11i are about $125. I'm not sure about what the Kappa component cost. I'm very happy with the 62.11i. Most folks will go as far as saying the 62.11i are the best bang for the buck. I would never call them a mistake, even though there are better speakers out there ,but $$$ .

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok. Thanks Big Gary. The $200 mistake I was referring to was buying the Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 components. I currently do not have saddlebag lid speakers, and don't want to loose that much space yet, (unless I find a smokin deal on some). So I'm trying to make do with the limited space in my fairing.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I am running the 62.11i's and love them. I didnt need a spacer as I have a 15RGS that they dropped into. Put a BT4180 behind them and you will love what you get out, and you will get to keep your gauges.

·
Registered
8,288 Posts
Ok. Thanks Big Gary. The $200 mistake I was referring to was buying the Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 components. I currently do not have saddlebag lid speakers, and don't want to loose that much space yet, (unless I find a smokin deal on some). So I'm trying to make do with the limited space in my fairing.
I'm currently running only 2 speakers. Plan on dropping the 62.11i down into the lower fairings and adding the Kappa 5x7- 682.9 in the shark noise.

·
Registered
72 Posts
IMO you really don't need components, unless your planning to listen to it parked in your garage. At 50,60,70 you won't hear the difference in the sound. I don't know if there's a huge price difference? Anyways good luck hope you find something you like. BTW did you check out that Youtube video I told you about. He has 2 pioneer 6.5 in his stock part, and 2 kickers 6 inch in the fairing no cutting of the glove boxes.

·
Registered
8,288 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was thinking of running 2 sets of speakers in the front. It sucks cutting holes in an expensive painted inner fairing though. However, it would maybe keep me from wanting 6x9 saddlebag lids in the future, and taking up saddlebag space. On the other hand, I do like my music loud.:D. I'm still trying to talk myself out of buying the Focal 165krx2 components.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bump. Still hoping to hear from someone who either has the Kappa Perfect 6.1 speakers, or tried installing them.:(

·
Registered
329 Posts
I am running the 62.11i's and love them. I didnt need a spacer as I have a 15RGS that they dropped into. Put a BT4180 behind them and you will love what you get out, and you will get to keep your gauges.
This is good to know since I have the same bike but in Vivid Black. I want more clear sound and more undistorted volume at speed. How/where did you mount your BT4180? And did it require a re-flash for it to work properly? Thanks for the info!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts