Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well im converting my RK to a Gulid i have everything but a head unit speakers and amp. Thinking of going with Rockers in fairing and a PBR-300X2 no ideal on head unit or handle bar controler. Trying to do this only once and also whats the best stero cover.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Vtwin audio makes a very nice radio mount kit with a splash shield and their customer service is fantastic. As far as handlebar control I went with a controller from PAC and the scosche harness which makes it pretty much plug and play. Only one wire needs to be cut and grounded, very easy to use setup. The vtwin audio kit and PAC controller with scosche harness is a less expensive alternative to the hawgwired or Biketronics kits. As far as radios, amps and speakers there's many many options to choose from and I'm sure you'll get different opinions from everyone here. I used a pioneer head unit, 1200 watt amp and polk audio 6.5 in the fairing and polk audio 6x9 in the saddlebag lids along with the kits I mentioned earlier.

·
Registered
8,288 Posts
ok do i need a marine if i use the splash guard
No, you don't need the Marine badge on HU or speakers.
I'm running the Alpine 149 bt, Sound Stream Nano 520D amp , and Infinity Kappa speakers.
I also used the install kit and splash cover from V Twin and the PAC interface . Sound and fitment are great. Ran in plenty of rain storms with out any problems.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
ok do i need a marine if i use the splash guard
No you do not. Big Gary has a thread floating around which is very helpful when it comes to the PAC and scosche harness. Also because you won't need to use a marine grade radio it will give you many more options and price ranges for radios as long as it steering wheel compatible

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
is this what i need PAC ControlPRO (SWI-CP5) and is the Vtwin splash guard the only one the make if so what holds it on

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
is this what i need PAC ControlPRO (SWI-CP5) and is the Vtwin splash guard the only one the make if so what holds it on
I'm not sure about that PAC but you'll need to buy the install kit with the splash guard. Once the radio is installed with the kit, the splash guard gets pressed into place from the outside. You can remove it when not needed if you choose but I keep it on all the time. I believe the pac controller I used was PAC-SWI with the scosche harness. I think the one you mentioned might the new version but I'm not sure

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well the PAC ControlPRO (SWI-CP5) from what i have a read gives you 12 opt. for controles

1 - 10 of 10 Posts