Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pennsylvania is doing a RED, YELLOW, GREEN phase in regarding reopening the State. As of today, over half the State has gone Yellow. Unfortunately, Adams County, home of Gettysburg, is still remaining Red, meaning it is closed. I work for the State in the Philadelphia region and got an email today stating we are closed until at least June 5th. I'm just throwing this information out there since I know Shark Week is still undetermined. The link below has an interactive map that is updated daily to indicate which counties are going yellow, and then hopefully green. Adams County is at the bottom just to the right of center.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
7,616 Posts
Thanks, it's nice to be able to look at something official from the state. Eliminates the potential BS factor. It's gonna be a tough decision but I'd err on the side of caution and fast forward one year - same place, same good time. But maybe that won't be necessary.

·
Registered
166 Posts
It’s only a couple hours away for me. So if it goes off I’ll ride up, if it don’t happen that’s cool to and I can respect that decision. July ain’t far off and that might be to soon for such a crowded gathering of people.

·
Premium Member
2,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, it's nice to be able to look at something official from the state. Eliminates the potential BS factor. It's gonna be a tough decision but I'd err on the side of caution and fast forward one year - same place, same good time. But maybe that won't be necessary.
Yeah, I was optimistic for a while about Shark Week, but I have to agree: I don't think it's going to happen this year. We would have to be in a Green county in order to get a large number of people together in one place. If the call has to be made by June 1, we absolute won't be green by then. Yellow probably, but not Green.

·
Super Moderator
12,428 Posts
If it’s yellow leaning towards green I hope it’s still a go. Whatever happens I’m going somewhere, I have no intention on giving up my vacation time, and I need to ride somewhere, preferably out of state.

·
Registered
885 Posts
I’m in the only “red” county in Western PA, Beaver; because most of our cases were in one nursing home, Gov. WolfinSheepsClothing decided to punish the rest of us So I’m hoping the best for the remainder of the Commonwealth for a fast and safe reopening...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
I’m in the only “red” county in Western PA, Beaver; because most of our cases were in one nursing home, Gov. WolfinSheepsClothing decided to punish the rest of us So I’m hoping the best for the remainder of the Commonwealth for a fast and safe reopening...

A little off topic but I was over in your neck of the woods yesterday. I saw people standing in line outside of a bakery half a block long. Wouldn't say they were 6 feet apart but did a pretty good job keeping their space. Every place we stopped had a sign saying you needed a mask to come in.

B.O.T. We're hoping it still happens this year too. Will be nice to be able to go to a SW that isn't 3 days away. (y)

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
It’s only a couple hours away for me. So if it goes off I’ll ride up, if it don’t happen that’s cool to and I can respect that decision. July ain’t far off and that might be to soon for such a crowded gathering of people.
Let me know and we can meet and greet over a cold beer.....to go and six feet apart of course...oh, a fine cigar too. Nostrovia

·
Registered
885 Posts
A little off topic but I was over in your neck of the woods yesterday. I saw people standing in line outside of a bakery half a block long. Wouldn't say they were 6 feet apart but did a pretty good job keeping their space. Every place we stopped had a sign saying you needed a mask to come in.

B.O.T. We're hoping it still happens this year too. Will be nice to be able to go to a SW that isn't 3 days away. (y)
Yup, masks are required if you go into any retail outlet

·
Super Moderator
12,428 Posts
Effective the 22nd of May, Adams County, Home of Gettysburg, goes to "Yellow."
That’s great, hopefully it’s a sign of what’s to come.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Adams county were Gettysburg is going to move to the yellow phase on May 22. That means most businesses can reopen, but with social distancing and masks.

That still leaves us with no ability to seat a large group in a restaurant. And as I understand it, the parks will remain closed to large groups.

I guess we could all just happen to roll into the Sonic drive-in at the same moment and just say it was an accident.

Past that we could skip the sit down meal, and just make a road run out of it. Dive bar run if the bars open back up.

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
We plan on going the week of Gettysburg Bike week if the hotels are open. We've been meeting there 16 years. Its not about bike week. I really don't care about that at all. But our group of 20 or so still plan on being there. I also took off the first 3 days of Shaek week and planned on just going to the Campground and camping those 3 nights. We shall see.

·
Registered
181 Posts
And if not just come anyways to give our moron govornor woof the middle finger.

He is an embarrassment to Pennsylvanians.
If it were up to him the economy would collapse to give him more reasons to give out free money to people that do not deserve it. He caused a massive amount of problems in our area and the germs did not, fuck him.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts