Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
I think a few people on here have, and I've seen even more in the FB groups that have. I did replace mine, but didn't like the new head unit so switched back. Now I'm just running the 6.5" HU with a RF amp, Hertz front speakers, and RF rear speakers.

Was there a particular question you had concerning it?

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
I was waiting for Maddmoe to post his setup. Power Acoustik PD-931NB. Navi, bluetooth, dvd, Rear view camera and fully touch screen.

·
Registered
49 Posts
'm in the middle of putting a single din pioneer in using the metra kit right now! I did the install last wee & couldn't get the thub controls to work, after @ 1hr on the phone with metra they just said well I don't know! I ordered another kit & I'm returning the 1 I had, hopefully I just got a bum kit! The sound difference using 4 volt pre outs vs. high level inputs is amazing & I'm hoping I don't have to go back to the 6.5!

·
Registered
8,372 Posts
Do your hand controls work. And how did you fit that? Also where did you get the digital guages from
Those look like Dakota Digital gauges, I have a set on mine and love them. You can find them on the internet from various retailers. Just make sure you get the ones for your year of bike.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I wonder when BT or another outfitter is going to offer a full on conversion kit for the 2015 RG / RGS. I mean a filler panel, custom brackets and the handlebar control kit (they already have the bar control module).

I keep hoping someone is going to create and sell a plug & play to retro our bikes for a single DIN or double DIN configuration.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
I wonder when BT or another outfitter is going to offer a full on conversion kit for the 2015 RG / RGS. I mean a filler panel, custom brackets and the handlebar control kit (they already have the bar control module).

I keep hoping someone is going to create and sell a plug & play to retro our bikes for a single DIN or double DIN configuration.
BT has a kit now... BT1014 RetroRadio Install Kit - Biketronics Inc

Also SoundzCustomz has a complete package as well...

"Soundz has teamed up with Sony & Metra for 2015 to bring you the best features and price for a plug and play Bluetooth media receiver for your bagger! Keep your thumb controls AND have the best sounding radio!"

Its's the Metra Kit... scroll down the page.. you will find it with videos....

Bagger Radio Kits | soundzcustomz.com

·
Registered
49 Posts
Metra didn't work out for me! I ended up getting the BT retro kit & everything is working great now! I also installed 2, 1 3/4" horns under the deck through the inner faring & Beyma pro mids in the pods! My 8.8 lids should be here any day & JL 8.8's!

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
So the BT1014 RetroRadio Install Kit is a complete install kit for the 2015 Road Glide? I've seen that kit before, but for some reason thought it was only for Street Glides. Maybe because the pictures on their web page look like a Street Glide.

·
Registered
49 Posts
So the BT1014 RetroRadio Install Kit is a complete install kit for the 2015 Road Glide? I've seen that kit before, but for some reason thought it was only for Street Glides. Maybe because the pictures on their web page look like a Street Glide.
Yes BT has the complete kit as far as I can tell it works great, it hasn't quit snowing since the install so it's been rocking the garage every time I'm out there!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.