Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

· Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made a quick trip over to one of the local dealerships yesterday to pay my insurance to Dairyland. Was there all of 20 minutes. This morning as I walked out of my garage by my bike it occurred to me something was amiss.
I had a solo luggage rack that I had powder coated black that's been on and off two different bikes for about 50K miles. It didn't rattle off. I had just reinstalled it Friday night after having the seat off. Tightened the two nuts behind the seat and tightend the Phillips screw in the fender like I have countless times.
It's just unbelievable that people will steal stuff like this off someones bike in broad daylight on a parking lot full of people.
Went back today and asked to see the video feed ( there are a couple cameras that should give a good view of where I was parked ) but have to go back when the gen. Manager is there later in the week.
Makes me want to hide out with a three foot 2 x 4 next time I go somewhere on my bike!
Sorry for the rant.

· Registered
654 Posts
Damn! Sorry to hear. Hope u get it back. Sorry but will that rack work with any solo seat? Wife has a 15 RGS with a Danny Grey solo seat. This would be perfect for her. Do u know if it will fit and where did u buy it? Sorry to ask under the circumstances. :(

· Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Jaydog,

The replacement I ordered today was from Amazon. Search for Raider 33-7205 Solo Luggage Rack.
It's about $53 bucks . It's also chrome so if you want it black you'll have to have it powder coated.
Motherwell sells what I think is the same , identical part but it's offered in black as well as chrome BUT it's $130.00.
As far as it fitting, I'm not sure if it'll fit with a Dany Gray seat.
I wouldn't think the rear fender on the '15 is any different than on my '13.
I'm running a Mustang Solo Saddle and it attaches on the rear with the 2 bolts that come up out of the big,white nylon washers. The luggage rack attaches to those 2 bolts then the screw that normally holds the stock seat on.
I can send a picture if you'd like.
Hope this helps.

BTW, what apes are on your bike and how tall are they? They look killer!

· Registered
654 Posts
Thanks for the info! Your bike is killer by the way! I actually sent a pic of it to someone on the RG FB page today to show an example of Candy Orange and black. :D Anyway my bars in my sig pic are 14" Factory 47. Those are now on my wife's and I now have their 16" bars. Love em! Here's a recent pic.

· Registered
329 Posts
I have an HD solo seat rack on my RGS....I don't have the lock(s) on it...its a real sumbitch to remove as is, seriously break your fingernail and will kind of tight. After reading this, it looks as though I'll be stopping by "a" dealership tomorrow on my roadtrip to purchase the lock kit and install it. The parts guy says use only one, but hell...I'll use two just 'cuz. Sorry for the intentional bad luck caused by the malicious malcontent, Lucky D.

· Another ICON
13,718 Posts
That sucks, but people will steal anything. I once had the antenna stolen off if my bike........ I still laugh about that. BTW, what size and tint is your Madstad? Good looking bike. :thumbup:

· Registered
492 Posts
Hopefully when they review the camera footage you'll be able to find the thieving D-Bag POS.

· Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I suppose there are people wherever you go that think working for something is just too much trouble and that the world somehow owes them whatever they want. I miss the days when it didn't seem like there were as many of those kinda folks as there are now.

As my 99 year old father in law says , " That's just the way it is when it's like that."

Hey DB , that's a 13" Madstad in dark gray. Thanks to all for the compliments on my ride. :D

· Registered
10,584 Posts
Did ya get to look at the video yet ?

· Registered
579 Posts
What did the security video show? I assume once the screw is removed the rack would simply slide off the two studs holding the solo seat in place?

· Registered
623 Posts
Lighter stolen off of mine....could be worse I guess

· Registered
2,001 Posts
This is the very reason i purchased the locks for my chopped tour pack,i lock my bags and tour pack at work,i would really piss me off if someone got my leather coat,had it for 20 yrs and its just good and broke in,besides its hard to find a 3/4 length leather coat.

· Registered
329 Posts
What did the security video show? I assume once the screw is removed the rack would simply slide off the two studs holding the solo seat in place?
THIS is what I'm also worried about. I worked loooong extra hours to earn enough scratch to afford my C&C custom solo to fit my custom-sized fatass....I'd be one pissed off fatass mofo if some shitbag stole my seat AND my rack. I think I'm going to have to design/modify something to make it just about impossible to readily unscrew my seat....and I have an idea that might just work...hope to have a working proto in a month or less ;)

· Registered
463 Posts
That does suck and it REALLY pisses me off! (Can I say that here? Guess I'll find out when I hit Submit Reply!)

I get spoiled living where I do with very little in the way of crime. I'm afraid to take my bike outside the state for fear that I'll have to keep my eye on it 24/7.

I hope the video shows the culprit. I just hope it's not another HD guy.

BTW - Love the Candy Orange/blacked out job you did - looks awesome. Had I kept my CO RGC I would likely have gone that route over time!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.