Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I’m thinking about installing a second set of speakers into my fairing. I see people are installing a second set of low profile speakers on the lower inside area of the inner fairing by the glove compartment. Can anyone provide photos of an install they did or saw for reference. Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Hello everyone! I’m thinking about installing a second set of speakers into my fairing. I see people are installing a second set of low profile speakers on the lower inside area of the inner fairing by the glove compartment. Can anyone provide photos of an install they did or saw for reference. Thanks in advance!!!
Ive been screwing this up a lot lately so I have to ask what year your scooter is before I post pictures.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I’m hoping not to cut into them, I use them regularly. I’m not opposed to a minimal shave if it doesn’t make the compartments available. I’m also looking at replacing the stereo unit with something that does Bluetooth and allows me to use all the functions of the switches on the bars. Any suggestions in that area would be awesome as well (I’m on a budget). Thanks for the pdf yaffe link! I can’t open it on my phone so I’ll have to wait until I get to a pc.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Ok seen pics were speakers were installed stock fair locations and 2 others installed on the inner sides of fairing. Facing the forks/triple tree. One version it was seen and the grills the other it was not seen just low profile screw heads and the fairing had what looked like 1/4 or 1/2 holes drilled into faring . They were 8” or 10” subwoofers, why not be 8” 8.8” or 10 full range speakers?

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
This is a great mod on a pre rushmore. I might be able to find some pics if you need some. There is a thread here somewhere that I followed, it was a big help.

I did mine with inner fairing on the bike, I used the pioneers they used and did not have to cut the box's. Last winter I upgraded the inner fairing speakers and needed to take a little nip out of the end of the boxes. Thank you mighty whitey for the help and pics, always easier when a forum brother has paved the way and willing to help. :grin:

TY to berserker on the alpine spr 60 speakers sugestion, nice upgrade for inner fairing :)

The alpine bt 149 is a great bluetooth stereo to swap in. Big gary did a great write up with everything you need , do a search. :grin:

Shameless plug day, thanks to all who have gone before me and have shared their experience.

This forum, 1 stop shopping baby

I will look for some pics

1 - 20 of 28 Posts