Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to mount 2.25" speakers in the inner fairing?

Has anyone ever used speakers from Critical Mass in their bike ?

Thanks everyone:D

·
Administrator
12,452 Posts
I've never heard of Critical Mass, but what's important for you to measure is the top and total mount depths of your speakers, because they have to clear the trees and the glove boxes, (if you plan to keep them). If 2-2/4" is the total amount, you'll be fine.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Top mount speaker with 2.25" is what I was looking at. How much distance is the average till I hit the trees ?. The Critical Mass speakers are suppose to be beyond incredible sounding. At $600 a pair I was curious if anybody has heard them before.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Anything wider than 3/8" grilles will be pushing it in the inner fairing. With good placement saving the gloves boxes is easy.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Ive heard of Critical Mass Speakers, and have read and seen pics, but have never heard a pair.
Eddie Van Halen had them in one of his vehicles, back when the 'Balance' album was released. Remember reading a article about how EVH listens to the final mix of recordings of Van Halen, and read that he listens to them , in his vehicle ,in Motion!
Critical Mass,...Awesome Name!

·
Administrator
12,452 Posts
Ok, I went and did some research. Seems Critical mass is used by a few celebrities and artist, (for what they cost, I can see why :eek: ), from the measurements they will fit for the inner fairing. They basically use the same type magnet that Polk MM's and JM uses. Before I spent that kind of coin on a speaker for the inners, I would definitely have to hear them, and I'd want a top shelf system also.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts