Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I am going to purchace a 1-off creations inner fairing(4speaker holes) and was curious if anyone else has made this purchace. It has a double din insert for a monitor. I am concearned about weather resistant equipment when considering my purchases of audio and video setups. Was hoping to get some feedback and input on inner fairing mods alsong with audio and video input. I get caught in the rain not soften than not and this would be a big issue for me since I would be spending quite a bit on this modification.

Thank you.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
7,701 Posts
I don't have experience with any of the double DIN equipment, but I agree that they have to be designed to be water resistant/proof (unless your bike is strictly a sunny day bike, which your's obviously isn't). You may want to check to see what's available for "marine" use.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Heres my opinion and take it how you will.

What the hell do you need a double din video player for on a motorcycle? Does it do you any good wwhile riding? Your just adding a distraction to yourself while riding and more than likely going to cause yourself to get into an acccident.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

What the hell do you need a double din video player for on a motorcycle? Does it do you any good wwhile riding? Your just adding a distraction to yourself while riding and more than likely going to cause yourself to get into an acccident.
Don't we all want out bike to be unique. Seperate from another. Thats why there are so many options out there isn't it? Isn't that why we all go to those bike nights, to show off our ride and check out the different and unique mods everyone is doing now a days. It comes with a single din, double din, and iPad mini option. I don't see what it would hurt to have the space filled and get the double din. Myself and most people I know just plug in an iPod and play music when the ride. It's just for looks and display options. It's not like I'm going to be watching dvds while I'm riding.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Don't we all want out bike to be unique. Seperate from another. Thats why there are so many options out there isn't it? Isn't that why we all go to those bike nights, to show off our ride and check out the different and unique mods everyone is doing now a days. It comes with a single din, double din, and iPad mini option. I don't see what it would hurt to have the space filled and get the double din. Myself and most people I know just plug in an iPod and play music when the ride. It's just for looks and display options. It's not like I'm going to be watching dvds while I'm riding.
If I had the money I would do it in a second. 1 off seems to make some nice stuff. Alpine and Pioneer make some quality units that would fit in the double din category. I'm sure at this point a company like sidecar cycles makes a splash guard for rain protection. I think forum member torqu just did a double din in his fairing. Do a search for him. Otherwise choppedbaggers.com has more of the creative expensive fairings on that site. You may want to check them out. Lots of people have different inners on that site..

·
Registered
4,838 Posts

How about a double din Navigation screen? Or how about just another way to see your radio display better. The HK display is junk.

Id love to see pics of this when it's done. Right on!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If I had the money I would do it in a second. 1 off seems to make some nice stuff. Alpine and Pioneer make some quality units that would fit in the double din category. I'm sure at this point a company like sidecar cycles makes a splash guard for rain protection. I think forum member torqu just did a double din in his fairing. Do a search for him. Otherwise choppedbaggers.com has more of the creative expensive fairings on that site. You may want to check them out. Lots of people have different inners on that site..
I have been looking around and seen a few different threads. I'll look into those company's and see what I can decide on. Thank you for the input.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Exactly why i said take it as you will. My bikes a riders bike. The stereo in it is fine as i have it (although I do want go add an amp and a set of 6.5s for more definition of sound). I dont care about show when its parked because more often than not when Im stopped its for an hour or so while i eat and plan our next route. Guess Im just old school.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts

Integrated navigation would be my first thought. Touchscreen audio control would be my second.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Hi everyone,
I am going to purchace a 1-off creations inner fairing(4speaker holes) and was curious if anyone else has made this purchace. It has a double din insert for a monitor. I am concearned about weather resistant equipment when considering my purchases of audio and video setups. Was hoping to get some feedback and input on inner fairing mods alsong with audio and video input. I get caught in the rain not soften than not and this would be a big issue for me since I would be spending quite a bit on this modification.

Thank you.
Best thing you can do is get a slash guard or make one for it. I had one on for a while in the rain with no issues but never in really heavy rain and it never sat in the rain so I could only guess that it wouldn't hold up very well.
Something like this would work for you.
http://www.autotoys.com/x/product.php?productid=16557

I have been kicking around installing this inner over the winter. Double Din stereo fitment, will accept 7.7inch JVC Marine speakers.

Yeah it is a cool fairing, make sure you fit it first We had a few of these in the shop the fit isnt very good it takes a little work to get it to fit. Still though it is a nice look..

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Here's mine. Hours and hours of work. I should have just bought the Nasi or 1-off inner. Keep in mind that Audiowerks will do the 2 din mod for ya. You send them your inner and they do all the work for $700. I'll have over $400 in mine when I finally finish it.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Here's mine. Hours and hours of work. I should have just bought the Nasi or 1-off inner. Keep in mind that Audiowerks will do the 2 din mod for ya. You send them your inner and they do all the work for $700. I'll have over $400 in mine when I finally finish it.
Looking good so far... I just dont have that kind of skillz :) to make life easer we do you have a add-on double din you work onto you fairing so that makes it a little easier. :) and remember shipping these fairings are anywhere from 90-120 one way so you are into it at 900 might as well just spend the extra and get a 1-off... ;)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yeah it is a cool fairing, make sure you fit it first We had a few of these in the shop the fit isnt very good it takes a little work to get it to fit. Still though it is a nice look..
Deadstroke, thanks for the info. Do you know offhand what material they are constructed of? What was the cause of the fitment issues, was it just excess material improperly trimmed? Once they were fit, was there still misalignment gaps, etc..?

Roger

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
It is made out of fiberglass. Most of the fitting issues are holes not lining up, flat spots and they need alot prep before paint. They take work to fit. I still love the design.

And Qhog - 1Off is free shipping till feb :)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 37 Posts