Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I was planning on painting my inner fairing this winter while the bike is parked. Seems that the painters around here say they can't match the paint. Red Ember Sunglow. I know PPG Red Ember has a paint code of 930846 for the 2012 and then they add the other for the "sunglow" but I keep getting told that isnt right. Don't want to use Harley paint either. I heard there was guy in Jacksonville FLA that has an exchange program so I may call him. Sigh..it can't be that hard.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Send it over to Robbie 7O4-74O-9382

Robbies custom show paint is his business name

He is slow at the moment to turn around will be quick. He is really good and has a great warrenty on his stuff. Tell him Chris sent ya he is a good guy does all my paint..

·
Registered
483 Posts
The PPG red ember sunglo formula is a perfect match, it is a tricoat color but it's not a special order at all, and any local PPG jobber can mix up the base and sunglo layer in pints.

I've shot a bunch of it on different jobs, always turns out perfect.

One I just did,

RoadHawg,

I was doing my inner through FBI and they told me they have to order Big Blue Pearl from PPG because they can't match that paint in house. Does that sound right? should I have any concerns with matching the paint? There is an up charge for the color since they have to buy from PPG.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Big blue pearl is one of the special order colors that has to come from the PPG factory, $302 for a pint of the special effect color, fortunately it just goes over vivid black, it is a perfect match every time and is quite easy to spray as opposed to some of the candy Tri-coat colors

Your local PPG jobber can order that for you

·
Registered
967 Posts
WOW for that pint paint price and labor Paintedharleyfairings is the way to go. If coming to Daytona Bikeweek is no brainier Paul is the man. He is on Facebook under mentioned name check other work.
No giving any promotion but price quality and service hard to find any other matching deal.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts