Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is totally wrong but I will ask.....

Has anyone painted the inner fairing a color other than black or the primary color of the bike? The secondary color / complimentary color?

I have a '13 Candy Orange being matte blacked out. My seat is a Tan Corbin Rumble seat that really pulls the pin stripes out. For some crazy reason I was thinking... see, thinking always gets a man in trouble... and thought a matching tan on the inner might look good. Besides, to may stories of candy being expensive and not matching all the time.

Pictures, no flames please.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I remember seeing it in Kerrville.. Just forgot. Want to have a thread with picture examples since these are so different.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think the tan would look nice. I'm going to paint mine black, but only because black is my accent color.
I agree black would be good.

My issue is in the end I want ALL my black to be matte and i don't want to have a matte black inner. Since I have had a lot of people give positive comments on the tan seat I thought I might incorporate more of that secondary color. Still thinking...

I need someone with a graphics program to take a picture of mine and overlay the tan inner from several directions. Would provide some financial incentive if someone can do a good job of creating some sample pictures of my ride for me.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Most of the CVO bikes do the inner fairing the same as the secondary (lower) color. I see nothing wrong with doing your own thing with a different color. That's what's great about this hobby, not everyone is going to agree on what looks good. I say do it!!!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Anyone else have something different? Just thought this thread would be a great place to show them since I searched way to many threads looking for these ideas..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts