Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a pair of RF T165 speakers to mount in the inner fairing. Just wondering if anybody had any tips/gotchas to share for doing this mod? What are you using to cut the fairing? Cut from inside or out? Taping off the area to cut? Any tips at all would help ease my fears about doing a hack job on my inner fairing :eek:

Thanks

·
Registered
133 Posts
Getting ready to do this myself. I'd appreciate any tips or advice. Dbell - anythinhg yiu can provide would be great.

Thanks

·
Administrator
12,457 Posts
More PMs sent.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Administrator
12,457 Posts
I sent email to the addresses I received.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'd like the tips as well Dbell. Thank you.

·
Administrator
12,457 Posts
For anyone who has asked, send me a pm with your e-mail address and I'll send it to you.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
26 Posts
Looks like DB has the show on this one. But as always, there are a thousand ways to skin a cat. I installed a set of Rockford PPS4-6s in my innner fairing and it was surprisingly simple to do. The only things I had to worry about where pocket clearance and re-enforcing the plastic for the added weight. I used 1/4" birch wood to make the rings to mount behind the plastic to strengthen them. I also had to cut the storage pockets on both sides to get the necessary clearance.

Bobby

1 - 20 of 41 Posts