Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greeting, this is my first post, but I have reading this forum for months, a great source of info. I am currently upgrading 2, 2008 rg's one mine, and one for my brother. I wish too put 5.25 speakers in the inner faiinr , i.e facing the fork tubes. I already have boom speakers in mine and J&m 7.25 in my brothers.These are replacements for the stock speakers. It appears 5.25 speakers will fit w/o cutting the boxes. But reading and reading I don't know which speakerd would give a bit more volume,or is it a waste of time and $ to use 5.25 as a second set of speakers. I will also be adding a arc or J&m 250w amps to the rg's. Is there much of a difference between speakers listed as front or rear speakers, the rears are less $, I have narrowed speakrs down too, h.d. boom 5.25, hog tunes but these have huge mags. on them is clearance a problem?/ J&m 5.25, bazooka, and hawg wired, they all about the same price, any suggestion or problems I may have ? thanks for any suggestion. pic's to follow once

·
Registered
451 Posts
I upgraded to the HD Boom Audio in the fairing and it improved the sound, but not substantially. I didn't install an amp however, so that is what I will do next. If I was to do it again, I'd fit 6.5" in there somehow.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
I bought the Rockford Fosgate shallow mount coaxial, 6.5".
I was at my buds last nite cuttn up sum "Plastic" (inner fairing)

I'll post a pic or to this wkd., if I go back over to his hse.
You've got bout 2" to play with between your inner fairing and the glove box.
The clearance issues cum w/the grills that these speakers provide. Its a freakn tight ass fit!

·
HD Parts Expert
958 Posts
I bought the Rockford Fosgate shallow mount coaxial, 6.5".
I was at my buds last nite cuttn up sum "Plastic" (inner fairing)

I'll post a pic or to this wkd., if I go back over to his hse.
You've got bout 2" to play with between your inner fairing and the glove box.
The clearance issues cum w/the grills that these speakers provide. Its a freakn tight ass fit!
I would def like to check out these pics when you get a chance.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
From what a good friend told me the Harley Boom sound better than the J&M in the 5 1/4 size. He had the J&M and swapped out for the Boom's. Haven't heard the Bazooka speakers, but I haev their amp (did a write up on it in this section), and like J&M they got a package w/ amp & speakers

·
Registered
397 Posts
Yep I installed Rockford Fosgates 6.5 low profiles in mine also. Get an amp for sure it helps alot I run a Wetsounds amp from Throttleup industries its marine grade same as the ARC just marine grade. May not be worth the extra money IDK but I didnt want to take a chance on a investment I want to work for a long time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts