Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The top vent on my 2016 RG has stopped operating properly. It was when I pushed down on the lever it locked in and stayed open. It no longer stays open.
Did something inside become disconnected? Is it an easy fix? Has this happened to anyone else? (I'm betting yes)
Thanks for your help.
Leebo

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Sorry to hear. I look at the vents on my '18 and the thought crosses my mind wondering how long they will last. Good luck...

·
Registered
927 Posts
I had issues with my top vent once when I installed the amp. Had to reinstall it, I think I didn?t have something lined up correctly. You may want to pull the fairing and clean the parts.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
You may want to pull the fairing and clean the parts.
Yep, the top vent (and in fact the fairing vents as well) are an intricate example of modern engineering in all it's glory. They are made up of tiny springs, hinge points, locking mechanisms and metal and plastic pieces. If any of those are dirty or broken you could have a problem. Removal of the top fairing piece and inspection / cleaning of those would be my first action assuming I was out of warranty.

Otherwise I'd take it to the dealer and let them deal with it. Fortunately the top fairing piece is easily removed and you have complete access to the entire assembly underneath (as it comes off with the top fairing piece).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts